Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

And to follow up, last week we spent a lovely evening in the doghouse, and got rid of a pile of books.

The waiter (I still don't know his name) was absolutely delighted, I was so pleased :) I love going places where you can chat to the staff and they are not too intrusive.

We ate in Wrights in Swords tonight, it was a bit mental, but we hit it at the right time, and they'd a great drinks promotion on :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I love the food in Wright's but it can be hectic at the weekends, especially if you don't go early. I've become addicted to the wings in the Blue Bar in Skerries lately :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'd kill for a bit of apple tart & a cup of tae about now. :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Sometimes only apple tart will do... especially this time of year when the apples are in season.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The traffic in Swords is murderous today :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Saw one of the Blood Bikes on the M1 the other morning. Fair play to those lads.

I'd never even heard of them, I had to google them. Fair play indeed, they're brilliant.

Was in Nandos in the Pavillions about half an hour ago, when four man mountains from the Connaught team came in, giant creatures they were.

Oh and I spent several entertaining moments deciding how much of the menu they were about to devour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Stheno wrote: »
    Was in Nandos in the Pavillions about half an hour ago, when four man mountains from the Connaught team came in, giant creatures they were.

Oh and I spent several entertaining moments deciding how much of the menu they were about to devour :D

More in the eating out thread, but how was your Nando's Stheno? I ate in that one when it just opened and it was quite poor. Am a big fan of it across the water so was disappointed.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    More in the eating out thread, but how was your Nando's Stheno? I ate in that one when it just opened and it was quite poor. Am a big fan of it across the water so was disappointed.

Actually, we were a bit meeeh on it previously as I don't like spicy food so always got the plain platter for the two of us.

We had the lemon and herb chicken last night, he (being a complete bogger) had coleslaw and fries and I had macho peas, (they are just the business, seriously moreish)

Service was much improved from previous experiences, and the OH (who is not a fan of previous Nandos meals) really enjoyed it.

On an entirely unrelated note, I've been working from home this past week and using lunch/early finish due to lack of commute to get stuff done in Swords, and am literally sick to the back teeth of the traffic at Lidl, three times today it held me up for long enough to me to get annoyed. I've noticed it in the past, but it's a royal pain in the ass everyday this past week.

Their car park seems to be under capacity so at peak times, you can be stuck for five minutes waiting for a car to get the space to get in!

• Advertisement

Anyone know why Brackenstown road was closed near church road this morning?

Caused traffic chaos!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

18 years married today.sister all set to look after the kids.
    11 year old wasnt feeling up to it so me and the hubbie just enjoyed a romantic meal for 3. Not that much would happen i stood on a chair today to see something on a top shelf.i didn't know it had wheels on it.wacccck fell off hit my elbow ,cut it ,just my back .
    If anyone has a spare ahhhh thanks .

Ahhhh.
    Happy anniversary Cathy, apparently the 18th anniversary is porcelain but who wants a set of china for a present?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

The way I fell today it could have been a porcline crown only my elbow took the blow.what a Plonker .
    Still it's my funny story to tell the kids.

It marked the day - and your elbow!

Anyone seen JCs latest rather bizarre ad on the Rathbeale road?

Says "It could be you, the Rathbeale Scratcher is here"

What does it mean? Are they running some sort of lottery/competition?

Sounds like it. Maybe it's something they're doing for the run up to Christmas.

Sounds like it. Maybe it's something they're doing for the run up to Christmas.

Must go in and have a nosey :) There was nothing there earlier this week :)

I was up there this morning and it's definitely about upcoming scratch cards with prizes.

Never mind that though - have you seen the adverts for their "Butchers in the buff" 2014 calendar that they're doing for charity? They're getting a right slagging over it :D

I saw that today :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The rubbish people dump in ditches around DCN is depressing. Countrywide problem, no doubt.

Christmas shopping period appears to have started, pavilions and airside were mental traffic wise this weekend.

Starbucks in Airside is open every night until nine, was very enjoyable this evening to go for a relaxing coffee/salted hot chocolate (for me :D) and just veg out for an hour :)

They have a great soundtrack :)

Starbucks in Airside is open every night until nine, was very enjoyable this evening to go for a relaxing coffee/salted hot chocolate (for me :D) and just veg out for an hour :)

They have a great soundtrack :)

Good to know, cheers. Very hard to get a cup of coffee after 6 that's not in a pub or garage.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Good to know, cheers. Very hard to get a cup of coffee after 6 that's not in a pub or garage.

Just as an fyi, and to cover more of NCD :D Starbucks Malahide and iirc Insomnia in Malahide open till eight each evening, and you've also Blues Dog House beside the Bloody Stream in Howth, open till about 11 every night apart from Monday, no min. charge (service charge Sat/Sun) and they've a wine licence, but is very cafe like :)

It's a little scary the extent to which people in dark clothing are essentially invisible at this time of the evening, even those in semi-lit areas.

It's a little scary the extent to which people in dark clothing are essentially invisible at this time of the evening, even those in semi-lit areas.

It's frightening the amount of them crossing the road

Guys what sort of broadband is available in naul?

Guys what sort of broadband is available in naul?

Very little, according to a friend of mine who lives there. He is stuck on a dongle :eek:

Edit to say, he lives up the hill near the school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Other half has asked me to introduce her to more pubs in Balbriggan. I don't frequent them that much as I prefer the city centre (better choice of beers). What pubs would you recommend? We've been to the Bracken Court a few times already.

Advertisement