Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Off-Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,000 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Loughshinny Harbour and North Beach, Rush, at very high tide circa 3pm today.

Loughshinny060114_zpsf03cb0b1.jpg

NorthBeach060114_zps4438f1a2.jpg

NorthBeach2_zps472b7642.jpg

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,962 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Came back from Holyhead this morning and the captain of the ferry said it was the worst conditions he had experienced in 17 years of sailing across the Irish Sea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,000 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Beasty wrote: »
    Came back from Holyhead this morning and the captain of the ferry said it was the worst conditions he had experienced in 17 years of sailing across the Irish Sea
    Brings back memories of vomit everywhere on the old Sealink ferries back in the 1980's.

(Hope they chained down the bike for you! :))

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Someone appears to have stolen our green bin!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Stheno wrote: »

Hopefully it'll reappear in a week or two. Sometimes people take the wrong one in and don't realise it.

Or someone could be using it as an extra - to get rid of all the Christmas wrapping paper,.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭October

I thought that happened to me once but it turned out the bin lorry swallowed it ðŸ˜႒

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hopefully it'll reappear in a week or two. Sometimes people take the wrong one in and don't realise it.

Or someone could be using it as an extra - to get rid of all the Christmas wrapping paper,.... :(

Hmmm we have only one neighbour so that's an unpleasant thought
    October wrote: »
    I thought that happened to me once but it turned out the bin lorry swallowed it ðŸ˜႒

We didn't even leave it out, I remember walloping it with the car and now it has disappeared, and it was FULL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Hmmm we have only one neighbour so that's an unpleasant thought

We didn't even leave it out, I remember walloping it with the car and now it has disappeared, and it was FULL

How hard did you hit it?:pac:

Jimdagym wrote: »
    How hard did you hit it?:pac:

Lol not that hard :)

It was there for several days afterwards, appears to have gone walkabout this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,785 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I hope you are all doing OK in the terrible weather back home. Take care, folks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

I think we have escaped the worst of it here in Skerries. Unless there are more strong winds to hit us tonight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It's been bad here in Swords since this afternoon - hopefully it'll move on soon. I'm glad I didn't have to go out in it, I haven't seen winds like this in a very long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

LMFM RADIO ‏@LMFMRADIO 28m
    81 homes without power in the Balbriggan area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Electricity back now .had to take the clan to mc D for dinner .half the town where there. Packed.

It's been bad here in Swords since this afternoon - hopefully it'll move on soon. I'm glad I didn't have to go out in it, I haven't seen winds like this in a very long time.

Jeepers, a mile away from you and we were fine. We went out for dinner and there were mildish winds out there.

That said I'm just back from a work assignment in Canada where bad wind meant -45 and it happened a third of the time I was there, so maybe I'm hardened now.

I remember sailing last year during August or so, and it was so bad we were afraid the boat would break due to the wind, that's my worst experience of Irish weather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Folks, I heard that Seasons in Skerries was robbed on Friday- is there any truth in it? Hope no-one was hurt. Who on earth decides to rob a small rural cafe? I'm sure any 'reward' isn't worth the risk.

I've deleted a post & a quoted response.

Please do not post 'rumours' about local businesses going bust.
    It can be potentially very damaging - especially if they are still a going concern.

tHB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Massive pancake, filled with strawberry jam, butter, drizzle of lemon, and sprinkled with sugar.
    Have to say, delicious.
    @tHB, do they have pancakes in Switz. As the youngest was on to the O/H looking for the recipe.

martinn123 wrote: »
    Massive pancake, filled with strawberry jam, butter, drizzle of lemon, and sprinkled with sugar.
    Have to say, delicious.
    @tHB, do they have pancakes in Switz. As the youngest was on to the O/H looking for the recipe.

We forgot it was today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Well looky looky....job moved to Dublin Airport and I find my Cork Regional Mod (tHB) is the Mod here....hello Boss ! :cool:

Back to Cork at weekends, but I'm parking here during the week, so Hi to all.

• Advertisement

Welcome to the area! Pity you are away at weekends as I am in the airport nearly every Friday & Sunday. Any questions - the forum regulars will be happy to help. Am always available by PM too. ;)

Welcome to DCN Andip :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Welcome to the area! Pity you are away at weekends as I am in the airport nearly every Friday & Sunday. Any questions - the forum regulars will be happy to help. Am always available by PM too. ;)

The missus only let's me loose in my 'Man Pad' midweek (: but I'm here the occasional weekend, so will bear in mind.

Such friendly people in this neck of the woods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Andip wrote: »

Such friendly people in this neck of the woods

Wait till your ''Bin Tag'' is stolen.

martinn123 wrote: »
    Wait till your ''Bin Tag'' is stolen.

Or your green bin :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Or your green bin :(

Still no sign?

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Still no sign?

Not a sausage, have to ring up to ask for a new one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

3 litres of Milk stolen from us the other morning, actually wouldn't have been that bothered if they took one and left the rest for us, first and hopefully last time its happened, might lay out a little trap at the doorstep for them.... (in cahoots with the milkman of course!)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Just moved out to Balbriggan, originally from Swords :) (been in dublin 9 for nearly 3 years though).

seems like a nice enough area though :)

• Advertisement

Anyone here ever gone and hired those tandem bikes in the pheonix park?

OHs birthday is next week, and am trying to plan a day of fun, there is an fxbs right beside the park which will make for a fab lunch.

Have already booked the alcove in Blues in Howth for dinner, then we are off to an RNLI fundraiser for him to meet some of my sailing buddies

Just need a few in between treats :)

Think a cycle with afternoon tea in the cafe in Pheonix park might be fun :) and well out of our norm :)

Advertisement