Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,386 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Looks like a trampoline! :D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Looks like a trampoline! :D
    Exactly what it is

Who in their right mind would drive along like that?

And on a motorway:rolleyes:

Incredibly dangerous and complete incompetence. Hope he get's done for that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hopefully the Guards spotted him. It was so windy today, that could have taken off.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,202 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

There was a pod of dolphins hunting off of Tower Beach in Portrane yesterday evening. According to some of our neighbours they tend to hang around for a bit at this time of year if anyone fancies taking their smallies dolphin watching!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭McAlban

Sleepy wrote: »
    There was a pod of dolphins hunting off of Tower Beach in Portrane yesterday evening. According to some of our neighbours they tend to hang around for a bit at this time of year if anyone fancies taking their smallies dolphin watching!

Great Thanks! My Other Half Will Love this!

I love dolphins - the last time I saw some was at high rock in Malahide one Sunday afternoon a few years ago. Thanks for that, I'll go up and have a look for them :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,386 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Were they packing factor 50?

Good old JC's, with the water crisis going on in Meath and Louth they're selling 5l bottles of water for €1. Apparently the supermarkets in the affected areas have been running out, and people have been travelling to get drinking water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

A new pharmacy opened in Skerries
    It's a Mecca for pharmacies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,770 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Skerries is to pharmacies what Balbriggan is to fast food joints.

Best of luck to Sean Oakes though. Nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭mickmmc

Fingal Fleadh & Fair takes place in Swords Castle from 15th - 17th September.
    John Spillane and Dervish along with others will perform. There will be free trad music in various venues around Swords.

[URL="http:////twitter.com/hashtag/FingalFleadh?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_"]http:////twitter.com/hashtag/FingalFleadh?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_[/URL]

^ I posted a link in the DCN Events thread before I saw your post :rolleyes:

Should be good - hopefully the weather will be dry.

Good Lord, the state of the car park at Airside today. :/ And I only saw it from the bus.

Was it packed? We were in Blanchardstown centre and it was mental earlier but quietened down quite a bit around 3 o'clock.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Was it packed? We were in Blanchardstown centre and it was mental earlier but quietened down quite a bit around 3 o'clock.

It was sheer chaos

• Registered Users Posts: 24,202 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

When isn't it? I try to avoid Airside as much as possible tbh. Whoever designed the carpark layout should be taken out back and shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Sleepy wrote:
    When isn't it? I try to avoid Airside as much as possible tbh. Whoever designed the carpark layout should be taken out back and shot!

Same here. Frankly, it's an absolute disgrace.

Fingal CC have announced free parking in Balbriggan, Rush, Skerries and Swords for the next three Saturdays :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQXRlofW0AAipi4.jpg:large

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Interestingly not Malahide though. Apparently the local businesses said that people just abused it last year and used the DART to go into town.
    While there may well be a bit of abuse, I think it will come across as mean-spirited to the locals who will see all the other towns getting the free parking.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭Homer

Absolutely mean spirited. All they had to do was insist people still got a ticket from the machine and displayed, but that the first 2 hours would be free? If I was a retailer in Malahide I would be very annoyed.

I thought Malahide did it anyway, but it seems not. That's not very fair. They must make a fortune from the pay machines there.

Merry Christmas to all the forum regulars (& irregulars :))!
    Wishing you & your loved ones a peaceful Christmas & prosperous New Year.

Have a Cool Yule, folks!

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you have a really nice day tomorrow.

Said hello to a seal in Loughshinny harbour whilst out running yesterday. :)

Take care on the Skerries to Balbriggan road today. Very high seas & waves crashing over. Lots of stones & seaweed been thrown up too.

It's like the never ending winter :(

Lusk Athletics Club put up a note on FB recently (May 31st) asking people to be vigilant of strange faces and cars. Found it a little troubling as it read as a child safety issue. Asking people to notify Gardai if something doesn't seem right. Anyway, FYI.

NCD, you’re not looking too shabby in the Autumn colours.

• Advertisement

Prettiest part of the whole county in Autumn :)

Advertisement