Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

why are grapefruit getting smaller? They are now the same size as navel oranges

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Out this morning for papers and went down to the harbour at Rush. Spectacular waves but could not take out my camera as the rain was sheeting down.

Plenty of floods tomorrow I guess. Take care if driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

LeoB wrote: »
    Out this morning for papers and went down to the harbour at Rush. Spectacular waves but could not take out my camera as the rain was sheeting down.

Plenty of floods tomorrow I guess. Take care if driving.
    The naul road from balbriggan was pretty flooded this morning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

cbreeze wrote: »
    why are grapefruit getting smaller? They are now the same size as navel oranges

maybe your hands are getting bigger

Could it be that the wind is gone so i can finally fix my fences......... or is this the eye of the storm!!!

• Advertisement

Hopefully today is the start of a few decent days.

Another good day today. Long may it last.

Full moon tonight. Took these (handheld) to see if I could get any decent detail. Bit of camera shake so will use Tri-pod later

[EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]4155789749_5c3e26fc50.jpg[/EMAIL]">

Hopefully we will have another full moon tomorrow and I will try and get to beach and or harbour.

who has their lights and tree up yet?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Martron wrote: »
    who has their lights and tree up yet?

Not me - I never put them up more than 2 weeks before Christmas. A lot of people seem to have put theirs up very early this year.

the gf insisted. we did not go crazy. but i think once its in after the first week of december its ok

• Advertisement

Late next week 15th or 16th is soon enough. Saw houses with them up 2 weeks ago. I look forward to the tree going up and the rest of the decorations but the first week in December for me is to early. On one hand we complain its getting out of hand yet so many buy into it. Mind you we have Santa sorted since July:)

ah sure its all for fun. xmas decorations in november is extreme. like xmas ads before halloween. that crazy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Once we're into December it's acceptable, and I think people are putting them up a bit earlier this year because we all need a bit of cheering up in the midst of the doom and gloom.
    Sure if we didn't have Christmas to distract us the winter would be very dull and dreary altogether :D

Exactly. Hey you just made 3000 posts!

So thats what you do all day.
    3000 posts well done. How are the fingers from all the typing

Hey you just made 3000 posts!

Yippee! I hadn't even noticed.

Quote LeoB " 3000 posts well done. How are the fingers from all the typing"

Knackered because I'm lousy at it and make lots of mistakes, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Just heard "Mr Chris Kindell" being paged in Zürich airport. Laughter all over the terminal. :)

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Just heard "Mr Chris Kindell" being paged in Zürich airport. Laughter all over the terminal. :)

Did he turn up?

Maybe he was on his way over to Santry for the
    European Cross Country Athletic Championship
    which are this Sunday
    Maybe we will get a medal to lift the gloom and doom

I thought i was going to be on be on winning streak!!!!!

they said rush co dublin. myself and gf were on the edge of the couch. then he called out someone else!!!!

Fair play to the lad that got it. hope he wins big!!!!

The European Cross Country Championships in Santry were excellent.
    Well done to Athletics Ireland and Fingal County Council for a job well done.

Below is our top finisher Mark Kenneally who finished 8th.

[EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]4182557606_4945710177.jpg[/EMAIL]">

These athletes are amazing to watch up close. They just glide along, so natural. Great crowd there also.

• Advertisement

LeoB wrote: »
    Did he turn up?
    Nope. Just someone in the terminal taking the mickey.

Nope. Just someone in the terminal taking the mickey.

Ah, lucky they were not looking for Mike Hunt:) Go on shout it at the top of your voice, "has anyone seen Mike Hunt"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

It's been far too long since I last listened to RATM..

I thought i was going to be on be on winning streak!!!!!

they said rush co dublin. myself and gf were on the edge of the couch. then he called out someone else!!!!

Fair play to the lad that got it. hope he wins big!!!!

Fair play to Barney.
    One very nice bloke:), nice family:). has a Lovely dog:) Really hope he reads this:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

^^ lol.

Well finished all my exams (okay so I only had two!) And I did very well in both. :) I think I can stop worrying now about the college making a mistake with giving me a place. :D

Anyone got a miracle cure for sore throats? I've somewhere to go to tomorrow night, Sunday night, possibly Monday night, Tuesday night and Wednesday night. I need to be fit and healthy but I don't think its gonna happen. And I've been waiting to go out and party for sooooo long!! I even bought a crappy Christmas jumper for the occasion. :(

I was in the Trinity Dental Hospital a few years back in the waiting area and a student nurse came out looking for "Hugh Jars". I was the ONLY one who copped it!! And she came out TWICE. :D I saw two dental students giggling over by a corner.

Larianne wrote: »
    Anyone got a miracle cure for sore throats?
    I don't know if you are into indian cookery, but if you are & you have some ground turmeric (bright yellow spice), mix a half teaspoon of the spice with a teaspoon of honey (Manuka if poss). Pop it into your mouth & try to get it to coat as much of your throat as poss.
    Try not to rinse you mouth out for as look as you can.

I don't know if you are into indian cookery, but if you are & you have some ground turmeric (bright yellow spice), mix a half teaspoon of the spice with a teaspoon of honey (Manuka if poss). Pop it into your mouth & try to get it to coat as much of your throat as poss.
    Try not to rinse you mouth out for as look as you can.

Ooh I'll have a look and see what we have. I've got throat spray and I'm sucking honey and lemon sweets to beat the band! I can't be sick!!

Larianne wrote: »
    ^^ lol.

Well finished all my exams (okay so I only had two!) And I did very well in both. :) I think I can stop worrying now about the college making a mistake with giving me a place. :D

Anyone got a miracle cure for sore throats? I've somewhere to go to tomorrow night, Sunday night, possibly Monday night, Tuesday night and Wednesday night. I need to be fit and healthy but I don't think its gonna happen. And I've been waiting to go out and party for sooooo long!! I even bought a crappy Christmas jumper for the occasion. :(

That just aint good enough only going out for 5 nights in a row;).

Surley What you should do is put in a request to Dr HILL BILLY for hangover cure. Well done on exams.

• Advertisement

i missed winning streak how did barney get on?

Advertisement