Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

ND kit and polariser.

looking forward to us nd kit.

yeah the lens over here are getting very competitive. i was expecting more of a saving on accesories though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Some of the accessories here are not to bad but some are simply a rip-off. I hope to have a off shoe syn cord for my flash. Saw one used a few weeks ago and it was quite effective. €75 in Dublin $42 in U.S. Are you in a Camera club? There could be one starting in a few weeks. Myself and 2 other lads are looking into starting one. Have about 5 or 6 interested. There was one but dont know what happened to it just seemed to vanish.

Enjoy the new kit. Some nice light in the evenings at the moment.

club in the rush area?

what exactly do you do in a camera club? yeah the sunsets are pretty good. must bother to get up early some morning.

Martron wrote: »
    club in the rush area?

what exactly do you do in a camera club? yeah the sunsets are pretty good. must bother to get up early some morning.

Eh Sunset! up early some morning! Jet lag.;)

I was in work this morning at 6.40 and it was really nice out despite it being -3. Some evenings this past week the light has been really nice with some lovely colours around the Drummanagh and looking towards Lambay from the Kings Gap.

There was a group called Ros Eó Photographic group. It used to meet in the Fingal Arts centre. I tried to get in touch with them as did another founder member and neither of us got a reply.I was busy with St. Maurs so could not get to that many meetings. Camera club would be a social event as much as a learning event. A chance for people who want to do a bit photography and pick up a few tips along the way. Possibly gather enough decent images to put them on display, have a few competitions for prizes during the year and maybe a few day trips!

If your interested pm me and I will get in touch when its about to start. There are 5 or 6 interested so far.

sounds good.

i pm'd you there about the club.

i need a kick in the ass to take some serious photos.

• Advertisement

sounds good.

i pm'd you there about the club.

i need a kick in the ass to take some serious photos.

It is often hard to find the time to get out with camera. Set yourself a target to get out and photograph something local. Then post it here.

If you want a little target I would suggest a trip to the north beach in the afternoon and take a few shots over by the cliffs or a few looking from North beach thro the range wall to the Harbour. The colours are amazing with the strong winter sun behind you throwing light onto the water, rock, boats and pier. Experiment.

much like yourself leo its finding the time to do it .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Is the weather always this bad in NCD? :D I only moved here just before Christmas and between snow and floods previously and a combination of both today it seems to never end.

EF wrote: »
    Is the weather always this bad in NCD? :D I only moved here just before Christmas and between snow and floods previously and a combination of both today it seems to never end.

Ya cant have it everyway you are living among the great people of North County Dublin. Count you blessings....

No the weather improves for a few weeks every year.....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

On my way back to The Hills. I haven't been home in a month.
    Can't wait to see wife and kids, have a plate of home-cooked stew, a creamy pint and sleep in my own bed. (In that order.) :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Can't wait to see wife and kids, have a plate of home-cooked stew, a creamy pint and sleep in my own bed. (In that order.) :)

Donegal? heading up there myself tonight. Any chance of bit of stew? :D

The Blackhills outside Skerries. Sorry about that.

Will stretch my legs in Ardgillan in the morning and then a high stool in Nealon's to watch the rugby in the afternoon (if Mrs Billy lets me :)).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

The Blackhills outside Skerries. Sorry about that.

Will stretch my legs in Ardgillan in the morning and then a high stool in Nealon's to watch the rugby in the afternoon (if Mrs Billy lets me :)).

lol - no problem. my fault, when you mentioned stew and stout, I must have gotten you confused with muffler :)

Welcome home. If I knew Mrs Billy I would tell her keep ya in, Enough of them pints and you off running around Europe for the last month;).

Enjoy your walk and the Match. Hopefully Ireland will have got over the nightmare of Paris and give the country a bit of a lift. Big gamble playing Geordan Murphy, would have went for Dempsey myself. Johnny Sexton can really lay a claim tomorow for rest of championship with a good performance.

I was thinkin what is a lad form donegal doing as a mod for NCD
    ha ha feicin ejit

I was thinkin what is a lad form donegal doing as a mod for NCD
    ha ha feicin ejit

I think He is from Donegal!!!
    Did you ever hear of the band "Goats dont Shave" and their song "Las Vagas in the hills of Donegal" Well, they got him out and they built their wall;)

just saw on another thread a cool art intallation in balbriggan which was commisioned by fingal co co

i did not want to side track the other thread but surely fingal co co has better things to spend their money on. I have artist friends and from what i can gather art aint cheap........ surely they could have spent that money making more people happy by cutting some grass!!!!!! Art is a luxury as far as i am concerned , so while large parts of fingal is falling apart they are commissioning art!!!!!!!!

*takes a step back and counts to 10.......*

^^^^^ posted this in another thread but by right should be in here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

just saw on another thread a cool art intallation in balbriggan which was commisioned by fingal co co

i did not want to side track the other thread but surely fingal co co has better things to spend their money on. I have artist friends and from what i can gather art aint cheap........ surely they could have spent that money making more people happy by cutting some grass!!!!!! Art is a luxury as far as i am concerned , so while large parts of fingal is falling apart they are commissioning art!!!!!!!!

*takes a step back and counts to 10.......*

I have to agree. The uncut grass verges look awful.

LeoB wrote: »
    I think He is from Donegal!!!
    Did you ever hear of the band "Goats dont Shave" and their song "Las Vagas in the hills of Donegal" Well, they got him out and they built their wall;)

Oi! Enough of that! I'm a true blue Dub I'll have you know. :)

• Advertisement

i would have thought that would be a minimum requirement al least of your job. Ha ha

i would have thought that would be a minimum requirement al least of your job. Ha ha

Job my ar$e! You get paid for doing those.
    This is "community service". :o

well i sure as hell was not going to say hobby!!! :D

out of amatter of interest....... how do you actually become a mod ( not that i am looking for a new job/hobby)

It is a sekrit. If I told you I'd have to permaban you. :D

Seriously though - the powers that be ask you (based usually on the recommendation of existing mods & on how you act in the forums you use, lack of infractions/bannings, ability not to be a complete & utter twat, etc.).

I have to say that boards isn't quite as much fun being a mod. I generally keep a more "serious head" on these days. Still, it is nice to be able to give something back & contribute to the forums I mod & the wider boards community.

Permaban! ha ha i like it is that a term used in the mod handbook.

yeah i did not think it worked that way but i am not sure which way it did work.

i can see how it is not as much fun as your contribution is edited i suppose.

mind you the ban function is always useful to have.

It is a sekrit. If I told you I'd have to permaban you. :D

Seriously though - the powers that be ask you (based usually on the recommendation of existing mods & on how you act in the forums you use, lack of infractions/bannings, ability not to be a complete & utter twat, etc.).

I have to say that boards isn't quite as much fun being a mod. I generally keep a more "serious head" on these days. Still, it is nice to be able to give something back & contribute to the forums I mod & the wider boards community.

The "Giving something back" is something our society so badly needs at this time. Fair play to you.

Give that man a big round of applause, a nice creamy pint and a nice cigar!!!

i think you should give leo a permaban......... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

I'm back

Now be honest you didn't miss me!!

Six weeks to get my password reset!! Tough going I tells ya!

• Advertisement

Welcome back, Jeasus I thought Parnells nailed ya;)

Advertisement