Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VAG-COM

• 16-07-2009 4:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭

How does one acquire this.

I bought an 03 Octavia recently and while fixing a dodgy radio I think I managed to put the airbag light on. (noone said pulling a fuse with the ignition on was a bad idea!).

I think I the VAG-Com cable and software this to fix the problem. How does one acquire this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Or get some kind sole from Vagdrivers.net who has a copy of Vag Com to turn it off for you.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Nforce, would you be one such individual? :pac: I have a light o my dash i'd like to get switched off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭bop1977

Try putting a request on www.briskoda.net. The lads there might be able to come round with a VAG-COM. also they would have a very good knowledge of any error code that the vag com might throw up. there is a sub forum on for irish skoda owners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Anyone else think VAG-COM was something completely different?
    I was thinking "yyeeeeeesssssss!! they finally invented it!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Anyone else think VAG-COM was something completely different?
    I was thinking "yyeeeeeesssssss!! they finally invented it!!"

No, but I did see a black Mk I Golf at the weekend with VAGdrivers.net on a sticker on the back window. I wonder how many people that haven't that much interest in cars think the guy driving it is some kind of deviant!

Arciphel wrote: »
    Nforce, would you be one such individual? :pac: I have a light o my dash i'd like to get switched off...

Sorry Arciphel, I don't have vag com. Try the folks on Vagdrivers.....they're a sound bunch.:)

bigkev49 wrote: »
    No, but I did see a black Mk I Golf at the weekend with VAGdrivers.net on a sticker on the back window. I wonder how many people that haven't that much interest in cars think the guy driving it is some kind of deviant!

I recall telling a lot of VW owners about VAGE.IE and I must admit that I got a lot of weird looks.:o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

82 D ? where did you see it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

tossy wrote: »
    82 D ? where did you see it?

I was heading home to Cork, out along towards Newlands Cross, just opposite the Caterpillar Plant Depot. It was actually Thursday morning that I was there.

Your Golf?? Very clean!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

I was heading home to Cork, out along towards Newlands Cross, just opposite the Caterpillar Plant Depot. It was actually Thursday morning that I was there.

Your Golf?? Very clean!

No not mine,i know it very well though.It's a daily driver believe it or not and gets driven too.

Advertisement