Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Religious Orders

Options
  • 16-07-2009 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey!

Would anyone know how you'd go about getting a list of convents, abbeys and priests' houses in Ireland?

I'm at the end of my tether!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

nomo wrote: »
    Hey!

Would anyone know how you'd go about getting a list of convents, abbeys and priests' houses in Ireland?

I'd like to know why you want such a list! :eek: Sounds sinister :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nomo

Ha! Nothing sinister. Just looking to do a mailout!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Given the current climate I wouldn't blame them if they declined to give you a full list but instead offered to take your mailout and distribute it internally. I'd imagine the Catholic Church has some semblance of an internal mail system.
    Talk to your parish priest or possibly a bit higher in the diocese.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

I'd be interested to know what it is you want to mail out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 thetoken

nomo wrote: »
    Hey!

Why are they so secretive?

It should be as easy as phoning one gov dept. It doesnt matter why you want the info either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

thetoken wrote: »
    Why are they so secretive?

It should be as easy as phoning one gov dept. It doesnt matter why you want the info either.

No one is being secretive. As a matter of interest what government department do you think would have that info to hand? :confused:. Do you think if I called up Department of Health and told them I'm planning a mail out to every GP's practice and private address they'd give me a list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 phoenix48

If you log on to www.dublindiocese.ie that will give you the lists you require.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Try the Golden Pages Under the Category you are looking for and you will get a list- here is one for convents

http://www.goldenpages.ie/search/convents.html

You might try the Institute of Public Administration Yearbook available in the reference section of the library as the may be listed under the category Religion

http://www.ipa.ie/?id=62&categoryID=16&sc=1

Advertisement