Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister Smith gets ran out of town!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Time to get out the english grammar book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Carlow52 wrote: »

Time to get out the english grammar book.

I know as per the queens grammer than should have been "run" but you never hear of people being "run" out of town, they get "ran" out of town, at last where I'm from that's what happens them, they get "ran"...

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Me dad was there but didnt touch the car...

but he said that they attempted to turn it upside down!
    and the Gardai were 'very good' stood aside smiling for a while ( surprising, must be a few farmer's sons) Think they waided in when it got out of control

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

If you read the thing they didn't run him out of town, they actually prevented him leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

dresden8 wrote: »
    If you read the thing they didn't run him out of town, they actually prevented him leaving.

Ah ya know what I mean! I'm sure when he got last the crowd he didn't exactly crawl up the road!

• Advertisement

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Ah ya know what I mean! I'm sure when he got last the crowd he didn't exactly crawl up the road!

I do, just yanking your chain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Take their CAP off of them, and open up Brazil to equal competition and give them something real to protest about.

turgon wrote: »
    Take their CAP off of them, and open up Brazil to equal competition and give them something real to protest about.

Maybe open up Brazil to equal regulation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Its Bertie they should be taking it out on, poor ould BS is left to pick up the pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Darragh29 wrote: »
    I know as per the queens grammer than should have been "run" but you never hear of people being "run" out of town, they get "ran" out of town, at last where I'm from that's what happens them, they get "ran"...

They run to the hills :pac:

• Advertisement

They run to the hills :pac:

Without the underscoring. Underscoring reduces your survival chances.

Keep moving, gather food, find shelter and conserve ammo.

NEVER UNDERSCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Maybe open up Brazil to equal regulation?

Well if Brazil want to produce unregulated crap meat let them. And let the consumer vote with their feet on what they want.

Oops, I forgot personal responsibility was gone in 2009.

Well if Brazil want to produce unregulated crap meat let them. And let the consumer vote with their feet on what they want.

Oops, I forgot personal responsibility was gone in 2009.

That's rubbish. The average consumer wants to walk into a shop and feel confidence in the food they buy.

They don't want to, and shouldn't be under the need to carry, out individual traceability and food production test standards.

They're not vets and food production experts, they pay enough taxes to get this stuff sorted out before the point of sale.

delop wrote: »
    but he said that they attempted to turn it upside down!

Yes, a bit of violence should really sort everything out alright.

Well done to all! We're on the road to recovery and it's thanks to the farmers of Ballineen and Enniskeen!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Ah yes there goes the old refrain.
    Then when we have even more people on the dole you will be on complaining.
    If you look at the Irish economy you might notice that one of our few indigeneous industries left is food processing, so I guess the sooner we f**k it up the better :rolleyes:

Then down the line you might even find time to complain that your beef has come from a foot and mouth disease area and it has no tracablity :rolleyes:

Oh and before I get the mantra that it will help the poor farmers in these countries, most of the large farmers exporting are owned by very well heeled locals and western companies.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

jmayo wrote: »
    Ah yes there goes the old refrain.
    Then when we have even more people on the dole you will be on complaining.
    They'd cost less on the ****ing dole and they probably wouldn't be entitled anyway as self employed...so why not!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

As everyone knows, decent food magically appears in supermarkets all neatly wrapped and packaged for half nothing.

This is the same attitude as the 'omg teh civil servants in their gold plated limo STOLE MAH BABY'. Seriously, educate yourself on what you're talking about before coming out with spiel. Otherwise the very best that you can hope for is only making yourself look like an idiot, with every other possible outcome of your post on a descending scale of stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Sure take CAP off them.
    And in return get suppliers to pay the real cost of production.
    You buy a litre of milk for 1.20 yet the farmers only gets around 25c of that? :confused:

Actually I'm not confused, the dairy or factory takes a cut and the retailers takes an even bigger cut.
    It'll always be the way but it's going too far.

Pretty hard to break even in beef too.

In our local newsagent their deli counter has a blackboard.
    You can see the stock number, the factory and where the meat came from.
    You won't see that with Brazilian beef!

Brian Crowley got re-elected in Munster. I'm sure a lot of those farmers voted FF (and no, I don't have a bleeding link).

Pushing a ministerial merc means fnck all to FF when they still get their votes.

It's time the Irish people realised that votes have consequences and stop treating them like sweeties you give to your favourite children.

Pushing a ministerial merc means fnck all to FF when they still get their votes.
    And how exactly is that any different to any other political party on the planet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

tracability is just another word for red tape and beauracracy , im pretty sure thier isnt one civil servant for every sixteen full time farmers in brazil

while i deeply sympathise with irish farmers , i dont fully buy the IFA line ( although i understand thier motives ) that brazilian beef is borderline poisnous , just because some pen pusher at the dept of agriculture in brazil didnt justify his salary ( like here ) by playing some role in a bullocks identification doesnt mean the meat is of poor quality

ninty9er wrote: »
    And how exactly is that any different to any other political party on the planet?

I fail to see the relevance of your point.

I fail to see the relevance of your point.
    And I fail to see the relevance of yours. So we're even:rolleyes:

Brian Crowley got re-elected in Munster. I'm sure a lot of those farmers voted FF (and no, I don't have a bleeding link).

It's time the Irish people realised that votes have consequences and stop treating them like sweeties you give to your favourite children.

totally agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

irish_bob wrote: »
    tracability is just another word for red tape and beauracracy , im pretty sure thier isnt one civil servant for every sixteen full time farmers in brazil

while i deeply sympathise with irish farmers , i dont fully buy the IFA line ( although i understand thier motives ) that brazilian beef is borderline poisnous , just because some pen pusher at the dept of agriculture in brazil didnt justify his salary ( like here ) by playing some role in a bullocks identification doesnt mean the meat is of poor quality

You can of course back this up with some sort of evidence? Brazilian cattle regularly suffer from a number of diseases which are almost non existent in Ireland and Irish farmers would like to keep it that way. Yes there is a cost to keeping animals healthy and alive, but whatever you think the cost of traceability adds to the price of beef, is nothing compared to the profits supermarkets and meat factories make at the expense of the Irish farmer.

You can of course back this up with some sort of evidence? Brazilian cattle regularly suffer from a number of diseases which are almost non existent in Ireland and Irish farmers would like to keep it that way. Yes there is a cost to keeping animals healthy and alive, but whatever you think the cost of traceability adds to the price of beef, is nothing compared to the profits supermarkets and meat factories make at the expense of the Irish farmer.

you misunderstood my point , my point was that tracability ( beauracracy , paper trails ) exist primarily to give civil servants something to do , reasurance for the customer is secondary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I didn't misunderstand, I just think it's a preposterous statement to make without any evidence to back up either your suggestion that the IFA is misleading people or that the only purpose of traceability programmes is to give civil servants something to do. So I'll repeat the question, do you have any sort of evidence to back up these claims?

I didn't misunderstand, I just think it's a preposterous statement to make without any evidence to back up either your suggestion that the IFA is misleading people or that the only purpose of traceability programmes is to give civil servants something to do. So I'll repeat the question, do you have any sort of evidence to back up these claims?

i love theese demands for evidence , sure , pm me your adress and il send it right over , as if every comment on boards or internet forums required concrete evidence , thier are many instances of questionable roles being created in the civil service just so numbers can be maintained

im not saying the IFA is misleading anyone , what im saying is , just because an animal in ireland has more identification than most humans in this country doesnt make the t-bone steak from it any better in quality , IFA claim that irish beef is better because irish cattle leave more of a paper trail behind them than beef from other countries , i dont blame them for using this arguement BTW and i think irish beef is great , no better than argentinian beef though , ive been there and tried it

ninty9er wrote: »
    And I fail to see the relevance of yours. So we're even:rolleyes:

Touché. Somehow. Or something. And I raise you these emoticons.

:pac::D;):p:):rolleyes::o:mad::(:eek::cool::P:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement