Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who do you prefer: Week 5 - Hulk Hogan vs Chris Benoit

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Hogan was a surprisingly capable wrestler when given the chance. No way was he at Benoit's but he was more than the usual formula his matches followed would suggest. The formula worked though so they'd have been fools not to follow it. Agreed, who they wrestled doesn't matter much but to suggest Hogan only wrestled useless big guys and only had a few moves is selling him short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    Hogan was a surprisingly capable wrestler when given the chance. No way was he at Benoit's but he was more than the usual formula his matches followed would suggest. The formula worked though so they'd have been fools not to follow it. Agreed, who they wrestled doesn't matter much but to suggest Hogan only wrestled useless big guys and only had a few moves is selling him short.

Yup, when Hogan had to put his working boots on, such as in Japan, he was no slouch. He's even been known to break out a nifty step-over arm bar submission and enziguiri when the occasion demanded it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭DinnyBatman

Hogan.

As for Benoit...well the less said the better.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Hogan never entertained me. Benoit did.

Hogan is an asshole

That might be true but atleast he wasnt a murdering scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Isnt this just about the wrestling career? No need for the murdering scumbag comments.

Hogan ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

flahavaj wrote: »
    Yup, when Hogan had to put his working boots on, such as in Japan, he was no slouch. He's even been known to break out a nifty step-over arm bar submission and enziguiri when the occasion demanded it.

Please tell me that's not sarcasm, and ideally that there's some video floating around somewhere - HH pulling an enziguiri is worth watching!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

tdv wrote: »
    That might be true but atleast he wasnt a murdering scumbag.

Banned for a week for ignoring multiple mod warnings in thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

geeky wrote: »
    Please tell me that's not sarcasm, and ideally that there's some video floating around somewhere - HH pulling an enziguiri is worth watching!

It's true, watch Hogan v The Great Muta on youtube, he pulls of all that stuff. If you just want to see the enziguiri it's in part 3. Really fun match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭lankysexybeast

ben for me

all his stuff is pure wrestling and his matchs in wcw like the owen hart tribute match or the world title match a few months later are just pure class. he was a true old days wrestler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Ok comeon G.C!!!

Who won?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

And would you believe it........

37-37 EACH. my god

Unreal.:eek:

The closeness of the poll is a testament to the greatnes of Gerard's picks yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Gerard.C wrote: »
    And would you believe it........

37-37 EACH. my god

It makes me laugh how people totally underrate Hogans popularity, and expected Benoit to win this by a landslide. :pac:

Rjd2 wrote: »
    It makes me laugh how people totally underrate Hogans popularity, and expected Benoit to win this by a landslide. :pac:

I'm actually genuinely shocked. Obviously I knew Hogan was popular, but I thought a forum full of internet fans would vote Benoit by a landslide. Consider me severely put back in my box.:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

flahavaj wrote: »
    I'm actually genuinely shocked. Obviously I knew Hogan was popular, but I thought a forum full of internet fans would vote Benoit by a landslide. Consider me severely put back in my box.:pac:

not I, I always considerd that the vocal voters would say Benoit but that just like with Ratings Hogan will guarantee numbers even if they arent regular watchers (PW posters) tuning in to see (Voting for) him. Infact I had actually expected Hogan to win by a good distance despite most people (inc myself) saying we picked Benoit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I demand a recount!! :p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

dame too late to vote on the best poll i ever seen would have went for benoit

Advertisement