Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressure Washer - Minimum Bar needed

Options
  • 16-07-2009 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I need to pressure wash my outside walls before painting. What type of washer should I use? I am wondering mostly about the bar rating but any other advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

The cheapest one, a power devil or something like it in argos. You have to be carefull, pressure washing then painmting over straight away will actually seal water in. If the stains are that bad just pressure wash the best you can and apply a sealer over it before painting.

Maybe a painter decorator will advise you but I would be careful with the pressure washer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DougB

Thanks, I should have mentioned that the walls are already painted, need to get the moss and the rest off before repainting; don't want to take the paint off but want to give it a good cleaning also.

Advertisement