Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online poker and bad internet connection

Options
  • 16-07-2009 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

How does everyone else deal with this? I have eircom broadband but it constantly get's disconnected.

Anyone have any reccommendations? New provider? Does anybody play most of their internet sessions at an internet cafe, as this is something I've seriously considered doing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭BloodyDeath

can u get access to ntl. proper and i personaly have never had a problem. with any online stuff. E20 a month i think i pay

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

3 is pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭BloodyDeath

just saw this on gumtree thou it mite help.

http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/69/40196369.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

I've got the 7 Meg eircom broadband at Home and I can't ever remember it disconnecting, also got the 1 Meg clearwire on the girfriends house it's pretty good aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

I've got the 7 Meg eircom broadband at Home and I can't ever remember it disconnecting, also got the 1 Meg clearwire on the girfriends house it's pretty good aswell

sick brag about having a girlfriend?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Jam-Fly wrote: »
    How does everyone else deal with this? I have eircom broadband but it constantly get's disconnected.

Anyone have any reccommendations? New provider? Does anybody play most of their internet sessions at an internet cafe, as this is something I've seriously considered doing.

I have Eircom & I never had any issues up until recently with all these hacking shenanigans or whatever it was, its usually fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

I have Eircom BB and have been having connection problems reguarly(every evening after 7.30) for the last 8-10 weeks but lately last week or so it has improved. There is very little if anything they can about it, I've had 2 call outs from engineers in that time and the 1st guy checked all the connections and did a line test and said everthing was fine but it wasn't, the latest guy claims that it was a hacking issue where Eircom servers were been overloaded which they have traced and has now been resolved, also I have to say I have Eircom BB for the last 5-6 years and this is the first and only problem I've had with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Jam-Fly wrote: »

I switched to NTL
    One problem, lasted 30 secs:eek::D
    Its been class!

When on Eircom (had the NEVER USED bug infested 4OD on PC for a while)
    i used to have trouble the odd time

Had a period (a while ago)of about 4 weeks where it just went 10 or so times at really bad (poker) times

5 times lost connection when deep (as in DEEP:mad:) into tournis
    never reconneted, blinded out:mad:
    couple of times when on final 2 tables:( (need a smiley for crying)

And people wonder why ive a -ROI :rolleyes:
    david-k wrote: »
    I have Eircom BB and have been having connection problems reguarly(every evening after 7.30) for the last 8-10 weeks but lately last week or so it has improved. .

At least one of your neighbours is downloading films/tv shows etc every night , eating your connection (you are sharing with up to 30 neighbours)

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

david-k wrote: »
    I have Eircom BB and have been having connection problems reguarly(every evening after 7.30) for the last 8-10 weeks but lately last week or so it has improved. There is very little if anything they can about it, I've had 2 call outs from engineers in that time and the 1st guy checked all the connections and did a line test and said everthing was fine but it wasn't, the latest guy claims that it was a hacking issue where Eircom servers were been overloaded which they have traced and has now been resolved, also I have to say I have Eircom BB for the last 5-6 years and this is the first and only problem I've had with them.

yup, that's basically the same story as me. Hopefully it will be sorted out soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

I use Eircom as well. There is a dedicated thread for the recent issues:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055608998

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

ring eircom 1890260260 , thats the broadband support number

NTL can be good or very choppy, do NOT go with three mobile internet, and also playing in internet cafes isnt the smartest idea, packets can be sniffed so your details could easily be stolen

It may be something simple such as a broken line filter, you shud post the exact problem in the broadband forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

TripleAce wrote: »
    I use Eircom as well. There is a dedicated thread for the recent issues:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055608998

I was going to post this too. Changing over to another DNS provider should solve your problems. It appears that it's eircom's DNS servers that go down at ~7:30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

Nickyod was telling me of www.opendns.com

It solved his problems.

Can't recommend as i didn't switch and battled through with Eircom.

3Mb service rarely down. can't complain apart from the price

Advertisement