Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor to O2

• 16-07-2009 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi guys,

I'm on Talk 300 with Meteor at the moment. My contract isn't due to finish until December.

My boyfriend is with O2 and is buying an iPhone, which i want to do also but i need to make the switch as O2 have a good plan for iPhones, €40 a month for free calls and texts to any O2 number.

Now, i'll be charged a good €300 or so for the rest of my Meteor bills until December if i try cut the contract now. Which is okay, however, i need to move to O2 as soon as possible.

Does anyone know if it's possible for O2 to just retrieve my number and switch me over themselves without me contacting Meteor about breaking my contract? I know Meteor were able to do it before when i was moving from Vodafone but i was only Ready To Go at that stage!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Julanda wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's possible for O2 to just retrieve my number and switch me over themselves without me contacting Meteor about breaking my contract? I know Meteor were able to do it before when i was moving from Vodafone but i was only Ready To Go at that stage!

Um, well of course they were able to do it when you were on prepay because you weren't breaking a contract that time....

Also, what you are talking about is not possible in your situation. Meteor have to release the number, o2 can't just come along and take it...

Ring Meteor cust care. Explain your situation. If you're lucky they might let you off some of the cost to cancel your contract. Chances are they wont though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Julanda

Yeah, no worries.

They're changing me to Pay As You Go after 30days.. I guess i can change numbers then!

Vodafone wouldn't release my number last time but Meteor were able to take it somehow..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The networks (generally) can't block another network from taking your number. All they can do is take it back after if it was done in error.

You should be able to go into O2 and just signup for a new account and they'll port your number over. Then Meteor will bill you for the remaining time.

I was near the end of my contract with Meteor and wanted to pay out of it and switch to prepay as I was going on hols. They refused to let me do it citing 30 days etc etc. I ported to O2 prepay and then back to Meteor prepay. Job done.

So even though you were within the 30 day rule on your contract cancellation, O2 were able to switch ya over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Yah. Don't get me wrong, you won't dodge the bill or the fees for the remainder of your contract .. but they should be able to switch you over right away.

Go into an O2 shop with recent Meteor bill + Passport.

• Advertisement

Wow, that's fab information!!

Thanks a mill! :)

Advertisement