Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BABY BOOOOOM

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Happy days for anyone with a pregnancy fetish so

• Registered Users Posts: 33,433 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Who else thought a baby had exploded?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

there is a recession in the bedrooms. they dont have enough money to buy condoms!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Joe Cool

It's the water!!!
    Cryptosporidium has evolved...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

the amount of pregers women around was something to behold
    Its summer(?), people wear less clothes. Its more obvious that some people are pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

big batta boooommmmm - you're only noticing them now cause youre looking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

orestes wrote: »
    Happy days for anyone with a pregnancy fetish so
    yeah,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It's seems logical. The last baby boom that lasted from the very late 1970's through the mid 1980's are all heading towards their 30's now. It makes sense that they'd start dropping sprogs en-masse around now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Baby boom because 81/82 were baby boom years! Definetly true, my better half is a hospital man and overtime galore these days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

preggers myself and ye should really see the out paitents dept for maternity clinics.. hundreds of women up there ! never seen it so busy well in comparission to the last sprog in 2005. Takes on average at least 4 hours to be seen by docs with the sheer volume!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Tis right tho. The unemployment crisis has resulted in more and more couples being at home during the day and consequently the urge is there. Tis only natural but we are returning to the era of big families in hard times, so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

and what are the chances that they will be all hairy babys? hmm?? anyone thinkin what im thinkin?? .....THE MILKMAN FROM FR. TED!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The last baby boom was actually between 1972 and 1982, peaking in 1979/80.

The current baby boom is linked to the last baby boomers delaying and now having kids, but also immigrants and a hangover of the boom years. During the recession of the 1980s, the birth rate fell very sharply and I would expect the same to happen again.

Apologies, was quoted those years recently at a planning meeting, I'll check tomorrow to see how far out those eejits were!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

Maybe theres something in this late bloomer thing except I was born in 1980 and looking around me in the hossi the last few timess seems Im the youngest there with most of the women being in mid to late 30's. Just an observation I could be really wrong..just looks that way.

As JupiterKid points out the ramp up in births during the last baby boom does go back into the mid 1970's. For 'Catholic' reasons every one was led to believe that it magically started nine months after the papal visit but in truth it was well under way at that stage. Similarly, the birth rate has been steadily rising since the mid 1990's. It's not as if it's suddenly gone up overnight as there's been a steady increase year on year.

The current increase in birth rate has been delayed by the social change where people are now having a child five to ten years later than they previously would have had.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Well, according to Hollywood, a baby is the must have accessory.

Pregnancy and babies are fashionable for the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

A baby means more state aid, child benefit etc. Can't afford not to have one!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Xiney wrote: »
    Well, according to Hollywood, a baby is the must have accessory.

Pregnancy and babies are fashionable for the past few years.
    I was entirely unaware that women could bear children until I read of Victoria Beckham doing so in Heat magazine. Such groundbreaking work surely deserves a Nobel prize.

• Advertisement

Groundbreaking work in allowing that fucking crackwhore to give birth to a human child indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Less of that Xiney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭nerophis

Does anyone else think it's odd that the angle taken in the piece is the impact of the increased births on priests? We really have gone back to the fifties. Hospitals, creches, schools ....ten thousand other things... and then maybe priests can await their turn to be affected by having to do their job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Xiney wrote: »
    Groundbreaking work in allowing that fucking crackwhore to give birth to a human child indeed.

Hah!

Has she given it a ridiculous name?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

nerophis wrote: »
    Does anyone else think it's odd that the angle taken in the piece is the impact of the increased births on priests? We really have gone back to the fifties. Hospitals, creches, schools ....ten thousand other things... and then maybe priests can await their turn to be affected by having to do their job

I'd expect hospitals/midwives to be the first to notice. But maybe they're too busy doing their jobs to put out press-releases.

Retailers selling baby-stuff might notice too, but it might not be so obvious to them 'cos sales in other areas dropped when people started being more careful with their money.

Priests and baptism-teams would be next to notice.

Creches etc won't be noticing yet, 'cos it's outweighted by the effect of people no longer working so not needing childcare.

Schools won't notice for five years yet. I wonder if this will be enough warning for the Education Deparment to start plan for it .... ;)

JustMary wrote: »
    Schools won't notice for five years yet. I wonder if this will be enough warning for the Education Deparment to start plan for it .... ;)

Ha ha ha! Such a joker!

JustMary wrote: »
    It would be great if that were true but in most large urban areas parents are best advised to get their child on the waiting list for the most suitable school within six months of birth. Leaving it much later can cause problems. As far as I know most schools won't accept waiting list requests until after birth but if they did...

Schools know well in advance, many 2015 classes nearly full. My friend put her baby down for that year already! My better half works in the delivery of these wonderful bundles of joy, serious boom in past 3 weeks, cos I have barely seen him!

Advertisement