Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

somewhere to hang out for a dad and son

Options
  • 16-07-2009 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

i'm a single dad, i have my son each wednesday. however he lives in dublin and i travel to see him. i need somwhere to bring him which has a kitchen and livingroom for a few hours. i'm willing to pay if it's reasonable. it's for 5 hours though we usually hang out at the park or playground and end up being inside for two hours or so. any ideas appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Im not a father but I have an idea.If the weather is nice(obviously it is a rare thing) it is nice to go out to Dun laoighre and go for a stroll down the pier and grab an ice cream at teddys.Just throwing it out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

How about the cinema or bowling or something? Is there a reason you can't hang out at his house if his mother arranged to go out for a couple of hours or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 big_daddy2

thanks. it's no problem finding nice things to do. but i like to give him a decent dinner and also i need somewhere if the weather is bad. i am divorced from his mother - she doesn't allow me in the house. i will be buying a place in dublin myself, but it's a few months away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://www.iol.ie/~pe/FFT_intro.html

There was a place in the city centre which did a drop in space for single Dads I am currently seeing if I can dig up the link.

http://www.onefamily.ie/information-services.htm may be able to point you in the right direction.
    Askonefamily*
    providing information for one-parent families

* Askonefamily* Helpline 1890 66 22 12
    * Email query and support service support@onefamily.ie
    * Adult Information Sessions
    * Publications
    * www.onefamily.ie

About the Helpline: 1890 66 22 12

Information and support is provided on issues such as:

Social welfare entitlements and issues ;Family law issues ; Housing;
    Health; Education; Employment; Childcare; Parenting; Counselling services; Community supports.

There is also the option of the libraries and the galleries and museums but I can understand your frustration at not being able to spend time in a home setting with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 big_daddy2

thanks for that, i'll check out onefamily. it could be a great help for me. appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 designman

big_daddy2 wrote: »
    thanks for that, i'll check out onefamily. it could be a great help for me. appreciated.
    Really sorry I can't help on this one but I just want to say as a dad that I think you are doing a great job against all the odds to give your kid a relationship with you - he/you will both appreciate it in the future. best of luck - your kid is a lucky kid. If I lived in Dublin you could have my kitchen - but I don't sorry. Hopefully someone can help.

Advertisement