Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to rent a place for a few hours a week

Options
  • 16-07-2009 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

i'm a single dad, i have my 4 year old son each wednesday. however he lives in dublin and i travel to see him. i'm looking to rent somewhere for 5 hours every wednesday within 2 miles of dublin city centre. need access to a kitchen and livingroom it's for 5, 3pm - 7pm though we usually hang out at the park or playground and end up being inside for two hours or so. any ideas appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

I'm not sure you could rent for that short a period, do you have any Dublin based friends who might eb able to loan you a place?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Nowhere would rent you a place for 5 hours a week...

Can you not bring him to the cinema/park/go for dinner?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

i dont think you will find anybody to rent for that kind of timeframe.

think you will need to find ways of being creative whilst spending time with him why not try to find things to do instead if its raining go to the cinema, take him for a bite to eat, go shopping, bowling, etc etc

if its nice out why not go to the park, pitch and putt an so on so forth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

The only renting for such a short period of time I can think of would be therapy rooms, however doubt it would be a feasible option. Anyway, here is a link just in case...

http://www.holisto.com/rooms/

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What about an apart-hotel, like Bewley's in Ballsbridge?
    The only renting for such a short period of time I can think of would be therapy rooms, however doubt it would be a feasible option. Anyway, here is a link just in case...

http://www.holisto.com/rooms/
    Do any of them have "kitchen and livingroom"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Apparently there's a centre in Galway that was set up precisely to help Dads in the same situation as the OP. Might be worth giving them a call to see if they have any Dublin contacts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Victor wrote: »
    What about an apart-hotel, like Bewley's in Ballsbridge?

Do any of them have "kitchen and livingroom"?

When I was looking at therapy rooms in the past, a few of them had kitchen facilities. I presumed that the living room, was more to have a hang out space.

Advertisement