Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SUBCONSCIOUS RACISM / DISCRIMINATION

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

stick to the black side - the white hoodies could be disgraced bankers, jobless estate agents etc - before you know they would have you sign up for a new mortgage or something..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

i dont think it was a prejudiced thread if you actually read it but i guess if you actually read it you couldnt chip in with your useless two cents...

I'll have you know that my useless two cents is worth at least twenty of your useless cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I'll have you know that my useless two cents is worth at least twenty of your useless cents.

that makes no cents....

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

Racism is a crime and crime is for black people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

just remember - the bigger the lips, the bigger the risk

then you ought to know where to go ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dutchie_in_DUB

reading all of the comments here on this thread just makes me think that probably most of you do not even know black people or want to know them.. and what you dont know, you will ridicule..
    funny how years ago many irish were ridiculed like this as well and seen as nothing.. no dogs, no irish, no blacks..
    the ignorance and blatent racist remarks on this thread are ridiculous! this has nothing to do with being pc, but with just seeing past someone's colour. sure i believe that nowadays people are more scared to make remarks, but when remarks are made with no intention to hurt or without knowledge, it can be overcome.
    seriously tell me where do you find black kids with hoodies hanging on IRISH streetcorners to mug you?? any kids hanging on streetcorners over here and causing problems are white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

if its late at night and there are a group of hooded white teens on one street and a group of hooded black teens on the other and i can choose either way to walk home, am i being racist by walking down the street where the white teens are???
    rob yourself a car and drive over the fuckers,

no your not being racist, just a wimp:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

reading all of the comments here on this thread just makes me think that probably most of you do not even know black people or want to know them.. and what you dont know, you will ridicule..
    funny how years ago many irish were ridiculed like this as well and seen as nothing.. no dogs, no irish, no blacks..
    the ignorance and blatent racist remarks on this thread are ridiculous! this has nothing to do with being pc, but with just seeing past someone's colour. sure i believe that nowadays people are more scared to make remarks, but when remarks are made with no intention to hurt or without knowledge, it can be overcome.
    seriously tell me where do you find black kids with hoodies hanging on IRISH streetcorners to mug you?? any kids hanging on streetcorners over here and causing problems are white.

You won't but people are ignorant/and or stupid. Personally I'd love someone to get beaten to a pulp for going down the side of the road with white lads if they were faced with one side white teens in hoodies and other black teens in hoodies. its hypothetical question because even me from probably the only true 'multi ethnic' part of ireland never sees a congregation of black teens in hoodies. black teenagers yes but scumbag congregation like we see of the more 'native' scumbag no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

You won't but people are ignorant/and or stupid. Personally I'd love someone to get beaten to a pulp for going down the side of the road with white lads if they were faced with one side white teens in hoodies and other black teens in hoodies. its hypothetical question because even me from probably the only true 'multi ethnic' part of ireland never sees a congregation of black teens in hoodies. black teenagers yes but scumbag congregation like we see of the more 'native' scumbag no.

The OP didn't mention Ireland though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I'd walk straight up to the black guys and say 'see those white boys over there, they said they like giving it to your mommas, in the ass'

and then I'd grab a few beers and find a wall to sit on while the fun starts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

if its late at night and there are a group of hooded white teens on one street and a group of hooded black teens on the other and i can choose either way to walk home, am i being racist by walking down the street where the white teens are???

Neither sounds like a good idea, turn around.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭tennessee time

all of you - just admit that youre all racists and you discriminate and ill be happy - admit it damn you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

It's this all too common predicament that has lead to me carrying a basketball with me if I'm walking in dodgy areas late at night...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

all of you - just admit that youre all racists and you discriminate and ill be happy - admit it damn you!!

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

TAXI !! :cool: *

*car turns up with Nigerian driver :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭ihadu

a group of whites in suits and a group of bla... ah come on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

What are you afraid of OP, a dance off...........:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Personally I'd love someone to get beaten to a pulp for going down the side of the road with white lads if they were faced with one side white teens in hoodies and other black teens in hoodies.

You'd love to see someone get beaten to a pulp? For walking down the street?

Er....right...(or left??)

Personally I'd prefer they didn't get beaten to a pulp, regardless of the side of the road they chose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I.. got off a bus once because a man with North African features was sitting at the back of a number 7 bus with a duffel bag, fiddling with it all the way into town. The unease was stuck in my throat like a steel gobstopper.

Hard to think how I couldn't rationalise the situation, but it got the better of me.

I've stopped watching Sky News, not as bad as I was then..

Advertisement