Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Night Club To Go To In Cavan (If Any)

Options
  • 16-07-2009 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭

Right, myself and a bunch of mates are heading to Cavan this weekend for my 21st because we're too cheap to go anywhere else or better, in Europe.

Just wanting to know what the best night club is to go to on Saturday night.

If you're nice enough we'll even invite you back to the cabins we're staying in for drinks and hot tub. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Gadjodilo

The Farnham or The Imperial - both in Main Street, Cavan.

The Farnham caters for the late teens, early 20s. It's large and can seem quite empty - especially early in the night. To be honest, I haven't stood in the place in over a year. Admission about €13, I suppose?

There's a free section on The Imperial. It's generally packed and sweaty but there's a good mix of people. Upstairs, you pay €13 for less of a crowd and easier access to the bar.

The clubs don't really get going until after 12. For pubs earlier in the night, try The Síbín or McMahons, both on the Market Square, The Black Horse (Main Street), McCauls (Bridge Street - it's got a large beer garden with shelter).

Other folk here will likely offer dissenting opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

The Breffni Inn is the most glamorous spot spot - a fine establishment - dress up well though they have a strict dress code.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Cheers lads (or ladies) for that. We were in the Imperial last year. Upstairs part of it anyway and wasn't too bad. Seemed slightly small but was a decent enough night.

We'll probably try some of the pubs first and we'll find out where the Cavan crowd are going and steer clear join them.

Again much appreciated.

The Breffni Inn is the most glamorous spot spot - a fine establishment - dress up well though they have a strict dress code.

Only the very best tracksuits......

Mods? MODS!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Yes?

• Advertisement

Yes?

I just had a moment of self-doubt when I thought that making catty remarks about a drinking emporium might get boards.ie into trouble.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Ah, no harm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

an sibin is good put and imperial after - we went there weekend few years back and stayed in the log cabins in kilakeen forest! just make sure u go to offfie and have drink got for the cabins for after the club -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

as regads the offie.... you will probably find yourself going to the aforementioned Breffni Inn. It is actually one of my locals! No i dont even own a tracksuit!

See also my reviews of cavan pubs in this section!!

We didn't bother going out to any pubs beforehand. Just drank in the cabins for a while before getting a taxi into Cavan Town.

Have to say Cavan people are fcuking loud. Roaring and shouting and everything. Kinda funny though.

Wandered into the Imperial anyway and was a little empty at first but about 20 minutes later the place was jammed with people.

Was a decent enough night club. Saw some "interesting" things in the smoking area.........

DJ was terrible though. Every 2 minutes shouting "The Blizzards playing here next week". Got a bit annoying. He even played a load of songs twice which was a bit annoying.

Expensive drink though in that place. Something like €5.40 or €5.50 for a bottle of Miller. Talk about rip off.

We had a decent night anyway except for absolute morons on the dance floor running into people and screaming etc.

We left anyway at about 2:30 and waited for a taxi.

I have to say the taxi drivers in Cavan seem like the most stuck up cnuts ever.

Our log cabins were back in Belturbet and fair enough he wanted money up front so he charged us €30 for the four of us which was grand considering the time and how far away it was. So we gave him the money anyway and before he let us out at our log cabins he locked the doors and demanded another €20 from us. We had a row over it saying that he had demanded the money up front and gave us a set price which we paid him. Can taxi drivers do this? Really pissed us off so we eventually paid him the €20 to let us out of the car.

But anyway, yeah....... Was a good weekend anyway. Cheers for all the recommendations anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭celt262

That_Guy wrote: »

I have to say the taxi drivers in Cavan seem like the most stuck up cnuts ever.

QUOTE]

Most of them are Dubs so that would explain that one.

Most of them are Dubs so that would explain that one.

This one was from Mullagh? Is that you spell it? I think maybe he was getting pissed off with me because when he told me he was from Mullagh I kept shouting at him "Do you lick the lid of life?". Could've been the reason why we got over charged. :)

Advertisement