Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Sour Sweets

Options
  • 16-07-2009 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

Today I bought a packet of new Rowntrees "Super Sour Jellies". I bought them, thinking they might actually be sour (silly me). Very disappointing, they aren't sour whatsoever.

The only things that seem to come close to satisfying my sourness needs seem to be Sour Starbursts and Sour Skittles, and even then, those are relatively weak.

Can anyone suggest some really sour sweets to try?

Maybe I'm just immune to sourness at this stage after years of abuse to my tastebuds :D

Sour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I'm the same, I find all these so called 'sour' sweets so pedestrian! I remember there used to be a red & yellow lolly which really really made your cheeks ting.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Head down to an asian supermarket and you can pick up granulated citric acid for sweet n sour dishes. These are the crystals you see on "fizzy cola bottles" etc. 100% sour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

rubadub wrote: »
    Head down to an asian supermarket and you can pick up granulated citric acid for sweet n sour dishes. These are the crystals you see on "fizzy cola bottles" etc. 100% sour :)

OHHH! I can feel my cheeks ting already!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭aev

rubadub wrote: »

that is such a good idea! i think all the original sour sweets are gone because they were full of e numbers, the kids today are really missing out! chewits sours apple flavour are good, haven't seen them for a while though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Yeah I bought a pack today, CRAP I say.
    You can get Haribo Tangfastics, they're a bit sour. Or in lidl/aldi they have Apple Loops sweets, they're a bit sour too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭cml387

Unbearables, also Haribo I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Bring back Hi-Sours. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Toxic Waste ftw!

SWETS66.jpg

I was charged €1.50 for the barrell/packet in my local newsagents,
    There is also a toxic waste bar but its not sour.
    Anyway i found them really sour and i recommend you try them.

Watch this kids face after having eight of them at one lol:

Edit: These can be bought online also if you can't get them in any local shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

ooh and Squirms

Advertisement