Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Night Shots C&C

• 16-07-2009 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭

Got over the back & lock problem, by not taking the bag & nothing got stolen T.G.

St. Peters Basilica

3726896275_c4bfb0f6b4.jpg

National Museum

3726724991_79bae19b2d.jpg

Spanish Steps

3727528754_9260e77564.jpg

The Coliseum

3726724305_f8740f8650.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

I like them all a lot. But #2 would be my favourite as with the tree and bridge it really leads to the museum. And the reflection makes it basically perfect imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

nice shots, i would have to say the second is my favourite allright, HDR right? if so what program are you using and how did you make it there is a bit of ghosting/haloing personally id try to remove but other than that its perfect imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

projectgtr wrote: »
    nice shots, i would have to say the second is my favourite allright, HDR right? if so what program are you using and how did you make it there is a bit of ghosting/haloing personally id try to remove but other than that its perfect imo.

Processed it in photoshop. Worked on the sky a little thats all really.
    Ghosting? I don't understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

padocon wrote: »
    Processed it in photoshop. Worked on the sky a little thats all really.
    Ghosting? I don't understand.

I think he means that there appears to be a bit of a halo around the main building in no.2
    I like them all thou!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

#1: I like the composition, but it's much too dark meaning that loads of detail is lost. I know it's not poosible now, but this would have ben heaps better if you had've captureed this with the same amount of light as you have in the 2nd shot

#2: Nice shot of castell Sant'Angelo. the only thing I'd change is to straighten it up, it looks a bit wonky

#3: where are the steps ??? :pac: I found the Spanish Steps distinctly underwhelming as a tourist sight, but this could've been imprived if some of the steps (and the natives) were included at the bottom

#4: Again, would benefit from a straighten up. Also, it's cropped in very close around the building. Might have ben better if there was a bit more space around it.

• Advertisement

This better.
    3727061457_b3e5b5d63f.jpg
    Just a Fix in photoshop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

From the first version of #2, reduce the saturation on the red and yellow sliders - should improve how it looks.

#1: I like the composition, but it's much too dark meaning that loads of detail is lost. I know it's not poosible now, but this would have ben heaps better if you had've captureed this with the same amount of light as you have in the 2nd shot

#2: Nice shot of castell Sant'Angelo. the only thing I'd change is to straighten it up, it looks a bit wonky

#3: where are the steps ??? :pac: I found the Spanish Steps distinctly underwhelming as a tourist sight, but this could've been imprived if some of the steps (and the natives) were included at the bottom

#4: Again, would benefit from a straighten up. Also, it's cropped in very close around the building. Might have ben better if there was a bit more space around it.

Thanks
    1. I have a brighter one.
    2. Ok
    3. I also have one with steps
    4. Ok

Will do the above & then post.
    Thanks for the advice

Before Dark:
    3727208681_41a4ea5b06.jpg

Now Brighter and straighter:

3728009674_c2880ab29d.jpg