Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swarovski av series

Options
  • 16-07-2009 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

has anybody here compared the optical quality of swarovski's av line with their z6's or pv, i know where i can get a 2nd av for good money so just wondering how they compare to the dearer models, i know they have a 1" tube compared to the 30mm on the others but thats the only difference i can see, have they the same glass?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

the swarovski are the clearest hunting scope on the market i have used them all over the years .

i have a pv but have also used av ,the av are a lovely lite scope and lack noting .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimbo 22

Ive an Av on my stalking rifle - they say that there is not much difference in the 25 - 30 mm tube... I personally would notice the difference

The z 6 have the option if not standard an illuminated recticle

The z 6 is double the price and is a much larger scope than your standard 4 x 12 x 50 Av

The illuminated rectile imo would be advisable on good quality glass in hindsight

Ive a hawke scope also on a rimfire with illuminated recticle
    The glass on this is just not good enough to get any benifit out off it
    As soon as it gets dusky you cant see anything

It all comes down to your budget really ...

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭DR6.5

I use a 6*42 Habicht very clear scope, Swarovski are releasing a new range of 25mm tube scopes called Z3 and Z5.

http://www.swarovskioptik.com/en/products/19

The Z3 range start at approx 1000 euro with the Z5 range starting at
    approx 1350.

Had a look at the Z6i 1.7-10x42, very nice scope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

i can get a 2nd hand 6-18x50 av with the ballistic turret for 900 dollars and get it home by a frien so no tax, looks like a very good scope nd cheaper then what it would cost here, but for that money i'd like an illuminated reticle, and i prefer to have the focus knob on the side rather then on the objective bell like on the swarovski, so i was just wondering what your opinions were of it before i spent anything, so thanks for the advice, i think i might give it a miss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

ormondprop wrote: »
    i can get a 2nd hand 6-18x50 av with the ballistic turret for 900 dollars and get it home by a frien so no tax, looks like a very good scope nd cheaper then what it would cost here, but for that money i'd like an illuminated reticle, and i prefer to have the focus knob on the side rather then on the objective bell like on the swarovski, so i was just wondering what your opinions were of it before i spent anything, so thanks for the advice, i think i might give it a miss

i have a nightforce not as good a scope as the swro pv i have .
    it has a illuminated reticle i have only used it once in the few years i have it .

• Advertisement
Advertisement