Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrigweir Tuam- whats it like?

Options
  • 16-07-2009 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,
    I was looking at the show house in Carrigweir in Tuam and it seems really good value with everything included. Does anyone know what the area is like and would you recommend living there or in Tuam in general?
    Thanks
    G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Are they the steel framed houses? It seems like a good estate depending on the price you are getting the house for. They have dropped substantially in Tuam in recent months. Make sure you get it at the right price.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Tinder

Hi Gracie.

The Carrigwier development is finished as it is, there will be no further development on the site in the foreseeable future. Don't expect anything to be done about the look of the place, the hoardings will remain up and the roads will remain unfinished. If you are happy with that and are getting the house at the right price I say fire away.

Some other estates are doing a rent-2-buy offer that might be worth looking at. You rent for 6 months and if you like the house and decide to buy the 6 months rent is your deposit, or a cheque is returned to you.

There are plenty of opinions on Tuam posted here already most of the negative ones it has to be said from people who don't know much about the place and don't live in the area so my advice is take them with a pinch of salt.

Good luck with the house-hunting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭greengreen

Carrig weir houses are top quality new houses but the estate is not being developed further for a while. They seem like really good value as they are very near town but still quiet. Weir road is a quiet road close to Galway road.
    They are better value in my opinion than other estates further out where you cannot walk into town centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ssiimmoonnaa

hi, we are intrested in this houses as well.. but just one problem, we afraid of this Nanny's river beside this estate.. its so close, and if its flood, it can be dangerous...
    what are you thinking about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 galwayshelly

i used to live there .esb bills are lethal.u have no fireplace in sitting room .3 bedroom house kitchen are tiny .all plaster boards walls.couldnt put up stairgate for kids cause of walls.have to get special hooks to put up pictures so we didnt bother putting up pictures.any questions just ask

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ssiimmoonnaa

i used to live there .esb bills are lethal.u have no fireplace in sitting room .3 bedroom house kitchen are tiny .all plaster boards walls.couldnt put up stairgate for kids cause of walls.have to get special hooks to put up pictures so we didnt bother putting up pictures.any questions just ask

could you tell, whats approximately esb bills? it seems really nice houses, but we want to know not just + but - as well...because the sellers, saying just good things..
    thank you very much..

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ningnong

Hi Simona, the best thing is that you ask the owners to give you past 6 months ESB bills and then you will know for certain.
    I think these houses are heated by HRV so if this is the case you will not use oil or gas so this additional cost will be avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 galwayshelly

up on 200to 300 per bill i heard some old neighbours saying .madness the bills were i had the same

Advertisement