Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Be Nice To Telesales Folk..

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Dartz wrote: »
    Where di I hear this...

About a page back on a youtube clip chief.
    Cool_CM wrote: »

Not sure why people seem so annoyed about getting calls, if you don't want to talk to them just say that and hang up. No point stressing over it.

My opinion might change if I was getting loads of them though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I've never recieved a cold call. I'd almost like to to see what it's like.
    you mean a robocall right :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Got a call from NTL on saturday during the golf from some customer care rep, he says hello blah blah then goes on to ask me 'security questions'! to prove my identity.

Customer care guy "Whats your mothers maiden name?"

Me "You rang me so if you dont know the answer then im not telling you"

Customer care guy "Im aware that i rang you but i need to verify your identity through security questions can you provide your mothers maiden name"

Me "If the fact that you rang MY number and asked my name is not enough then i cant help you.

Customer care guy" but sir you are being unreasonable

Me " I dont think so now can i go back to watching the golf on my one free afternoon of the week"

Customer care guy "Click........"

Petty but i am sick of people ringing me unsolicited asking for all sorts information so they can try and sell me a phone line or an upgrade i dont want or need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I have a craic with telemarketers. Does any telemarketing call ever end in not a prank, or being hung up on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Customer care guy "Whats your mothers maiden name?".
    Sounds like a great phishing scam to me!
    You should have given a different maiden name and saw what he said then, probably would have kept ringing you and you keep saying "look I know my mothers name now F off"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I kept getting calls from a couple of places, ended up singing Funky Town down the line at them (the South Park episode with Towlie was on the first time I did it), now they don't call at all. Try it, don't engage with them at all and as soon as they identify themselves as phone spammers, just burst into du du duh du du duh du duh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Certain times of the day i only pick up the phone from people in my phone book. Unknown callers or hidden id's i just ignore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

A womans car broke down outside my house one day, only house for about half a mile. Myself and my dad went out and pushed the car into the yard, took a look, realised the engine was borked and rang a local recovery guy to help her out.

This woman insisted in coming into the house to "recover from her experience" despite the fact we said we had things to do. Being nice people we let her in, gave her a cup of tea and made small talk. She proceeded to remove brochures from her bag and gave us the hard sell on some ****e she was hawking, yep, a fecking telesales agent in my own house, with her brokedown sh!itbox parked outside, drinking my tea and eating the last chocolate digestives giving us the hard sell, un-frickin-believable :mad::mad:

It gets better though, my granny called in to say hello and this "person" proceeded to give her the hard sell on her telephone package. Thankfully the recovery truck arrived very soon, talking to the driver a week later and she tried to sell him the same package! I haven't responded to a single survey/cold call since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I love this thread. I used to put telemarketers on hold, but now I know it boosts their calls stats I will make sure I hang up as fast as I can.

Thanks OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭chezzer

Faith wrote: »
    Why should we? I have better things to do with my time than entertain the 5 or so phone calls a day from telemarketers. .....

You get 5 calls a day from telemarketers ??? !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

rubadub wrote: »
    Sounds like a great phishing scam to me!
    You should have given a different maiden name and saw what he said then, probably would have kept ringing you and you keep saying "look I know my mothers name now F off"

It was NTL but then i was not in the mood to talk to some foreign person with less than stellar english about their latest fantastic offer considering any time i ring with an issue it takes forever to get the simplest of tasks/requests sorted and they always manage to make at least one momumental fvck up.

Remember the time i started getting bills to my address for somebody else along with my own......took half a dozen phone calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

I got a smack in the face from a woman yesterday when I was selling at the door. :0 totally unreasonable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

HouseHippo wrote: »
    I got a smack in the face from a woman yesterday when I was selling at the door. :0 totally unreasonable

What were you trying to sell to her???

efla wrote: »
    What were you trying to sell to her???
    Just Make-up she asked me how much it was and all. Seemed mad enthusiastic then bam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Just Make-up she asked me how much it was and all. Seemed mad enthusiastic then bam
    google cobra scam

it's for your own good.

Bogger77 wrote: »
    google cobra scam

it's for your own good.
    Googling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

my biggest gripe with tele sales or service operators are when irish or english companies have their telesales contracted out to India.

Ive alot of respect for Indian people, and their english is good, but their accent particularly when you are trying to understand them over the phone is terrible, drives me fcuking nuts.

Sky digital have 3 call centers, 1 in derry, 1 in scotland and one in India, its lucky dip.. if i ring and get Apu on the phone i hang up and dial again.

3G Mobile is another, but they only use india. I cancelled my contract.

Googling
    God I wish I could get another job

God I wish I could get another job
    Oh my god Majestic Marketing
    Majestic
    SCAM!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

Ugh, those phone calls are so annoying. The worst part is whatever ones are ringing my house, they're always British!! I'd probably be a lot nicer to someone who answered the phone going 'alllrrrrriiihh dya wanna do a survey?'. I'd keep them on the phone for fun.

I tend to be polite enough. Ill just say that im just going out the door or something....
    I have as little time for coldcallers as i do for people selling scratchcards on grafton street...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Oh my god Majestic Marketing
    Majestic
    SCAM!

i tried to tell ya pet. your wages from them won't even cover your lunches and bus tickets (the latter of which you need to do your job).

i tried to tell ya pet. your wages from them won't even cover your lunches and bus tickets (the latter of which you need to do your job).
    I don't, my trainer has a car.
    Its not my fcuking fault I cam't get another job. My bf and `I both had jobs in a dublin venue It closed down now we have nothing. I just signed a years lease and have to pay for college
    It was the only job I could get if something else comes up I'll take it but for now i have no fxing choice.
    I actually made 80 euro yesterday it has good and bad days

Advertisement