Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to get away in middle of August for 4 days for 2 people but only have 300Eur?

Options
  • 16-07-2009 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Mods, not sure if this is the right forum, please move if you feel necessary.

My husband and I need to get away some time in August as we are trying to get away for the date that our baby that we lost to a miscarriage was due - however money is an issue for me (he is taking me away a while before hand so I do not want to ask him for help with it). Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

Do you want to go out of the country or stay nearish to home?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Do you want to go out of the country or stay nearish to home?
    I can add a bit more money now by borrowing from the husband for a few days but ideally I would like to get away. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

E300 may be difficult for 4 days unless you want to look at the likes of hostel accomodation ? Your best bet might be to wait and try for cancellations ?

Also if you want this moved to either bargain alerts [requests] or travel & holidays let me know.

www.supervalugetawaybreaks.com

This gives you the option of 4 nights B&B in a nice hotel for 300euro, or 3 nights break in a hotel with dinner included! Some of the hotels are fantastic!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

www.supervalugetawaybreaks.com

This gives you the option of 4 nights B&B in a nice hotel for 300euro, or 3 nights break in a hotel with dinner included! Some of the hotels are fantastic!!!!

Hi can u tell me which hotels you would recommend on the supervalu breaks?

• Advertisement

I have been to a good few! What area are u looking to go to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I have been to a good few! What area are u looking to go to?

Well was thinking about Donegal...? but am quite easy,Id go anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

http://www.discoverireland.ie/Special-Offers-Campaign.aspx

Normally have good deals..have a look around

The Carlton in Ballinasloe is fantastic, as is faithlegg house in Waterford. The newpark hotel in killkenny is WOW. Also Sneem hotel is lovely in Kerry!
    To be honest, wherever you want to go they have a good range of hotels! Never been as far as Donegal yet, but they have loads of options for there aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

I agree Newpark hotel in Kilkenny is lovely.lovely spa, gym, pool. The lot.. Plenty of special offers too

http://www.flynnhotels.com/Newpark_Hotel/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Hi Cathy.

Hope you get something sorted. You are right to be thinking about looking after yourselves at what must be such a hard time for you.

Anyway, a couple of years ago I went to Seville in mid August, stayed in this 4 star hotel:http://www.hotelescenter.es/hotelDetail.asp?id=7&idioma=2
    for something reasonable like 60/70 per night. There's a rooftop pool in that particular hotel too, so you get the best of both worlds, relaxing sun holiday and also opportunity to sightsee and explore.

this hotel also nice, and overlooking the Cathedral (did not stay there)
    http://www.eurobookings.com/sevilla-hotels-es/hotel-dona-maria.html?label=gg_en_bh_91558-spain-sevilla-hotel-dona-maria&gclid=CPOK6MXr_5sCFZwA4wod9wHd-w

Apparently August is a slow month there and that is why the hotels are reasonable in that month.

Its a really beautiful city I cannot recommend it highly enough - however it will be very hot at that time of year.

Advertisement