Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Mobo for under 100euro ?

Options
  • 16-07-2009 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

hi guys, what do you think is the best motherboard for under 100euro ?

socket 775 only as i already have quad core processor.

ASUS P5N-D, nforce 750i = 95euro

what do ye think of this board ? any more opinions ?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 thai

also intel chipset or nvidia chipset ?

nvidia 750i, 780i, 790i, compared to intels p43, p45, x48

i have only ever used nvidia based boards. anyone got any experience with the intel boards ?

id like to point out to a OP on adverts.ie that im not looking to buy a 100euro mobo, im just trying to get peoples opinions on them for future reference ! also it would help any forum member to read this thread if they are interested in a decent mobo for less than 100euro.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Intel >> nVidia, but you're stuck with the latter if you want SLI. Otherwise the superior energy efficiency, performance and reliability give Intel the win.

Under €100 there are plenty of decent P45s out there, which is what you should be looking for (no X48s under €100 that's for sure!), but you might get pushed over the €100 mark looking for a P45 with CrossFire. On Komplett the P5Q Pro is decent and the cheapest "true" CrossFire mobo for Intel, but at €108 its overbudget. With Elara/Pixmania/Dabs it's even worse. There is a G43 Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3 under €100 in several places (on HWVS its under €65!), but its CrossFire is broken (hardwired x16/x4).

If you want x8/x8 CrossFire for under €100, look overseas. But if you did get, say, an MSI Neo2 P45 for €87.20 on HWVS there's still the €30 flat-rate shipping to consider... :rolleyes:

And avoid dodgy brands like ASRock and ECS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

thai wrote: »
    hi guys, what do you think is the best motherboard for under 100euro ?

socket 775 only as i already have quad core processor.

ASUS P5N-D, nforce 750i = 95euro

what do ye think of this board ? any more opinions ?

thanks

I have it and I hate it. Sli is useless, because the 2nd card entirely covers the sata ports, leaving only 1 usable with a corner cable (which is why I sold you one of my GTX260's, incidentally). Other then that it's OK really, pretty solid and overclocks well. Now I'm back again on an ATI 4890, wishing I'd bought an Intel Xfire board instead.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Don't worry Terror, retardo board design isn't exclusive to nForce boards :D

Yeah, most boards now stick the SATA ports horizontally off the board edge to prevent occlusion by add-in cards but there's still tons of CF/SLI boards that have their PCIe slots just one slot apart. How many performance cards are there out there with dual-slot stock coolers that need an extra slot of space between the cards to uncover the fan? An awful lot :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Forgot to mention that as well - the two lanes are really close, with barely any clearance for intake, and that with a card with an angled fan. If you've got a straight dual slot cooler then...forget it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

thai if you do want that board look here http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=129651&cat=8

i wouldnt buy from that OP even if it was for 1 euro.. i offered him his asking price for a OCZ SSD and he wouldnt accept it, he just withdrew is items and mark as sold. thats all i have to say about that. also its strange he has a 100euro mobo as he was complaining about them recently. some mothers do have them...:D

just been in touch with a guy selling an ASUS P5K3 DELUXE
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=124886&cat=8

hes looking for 55euro. what ye think ? is it a decent board ?

i have a few spare bits around and i told my sister if she wanted, i would build her a cheap computer, she needs a mobo.

ye i have the same mobo and im happy with it make sure he has the wi fi antena

thanks massy086, seems like that board is gone to another bidder now..

anyone else know of a decent mobo for less than 100euro ?

hey thai did u see this nice cheap board and not bad at all http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=380012 and this http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=383884 no charge 4 pick up in dublin and this on adverts http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=129013&cat=8 get him down a bit and nice cheap pc

• Advertisement

thanks alot for all those links massy086 !

tbh im looking for a socket 775 board for my sister.
    that ram is cheap !
    looking for cheap intel processor, my sis will only use it for internet and never anything to intensive..

thanks again !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

you should just get a 40-50 yoyo board then.

Maybe you could get one of the buys/builds on the how cheap can you go thread?

thai wrote: »
    thanks alot for all those links massy086 !

tbh im looking for a socket 775 board for my sister.
    that ram is cheap !
    looking for cheap intel processor, my sis will only use it for internet and never anything to intensive..

thanks again !
    if thats the case your wasting a good intel chip on her that bundle cpu mobo and ram only come,s to about 110 at best cheap as chips mate and room 4 improvement with amd x3 or x4 if your not in to it i might just grab it my self would make a great little htpc with the on board hdmi hmm maybe lol if herself could hear me iv just spent about 6-700 hundred on a new build for myself now to trick her into thinking it 4 the house so she can watch online movies and desperate housewives:):):):):):):):)

Advertisement