Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battle Fantasia

• 16-07-2009 10:57pm
    Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭

I was thinking about picking this up, it looked good in the previews I read, and got decent reviews. It had an unlucky release date over here arriving pretty much at exactly the same time as SFIV so I'd say it lost a lot of sales that way. Has anyone played it, and if so, would you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

Its worth a look for sure. I borrowed a friends copy for a while and quite enjoyed it. I still havent got around to buying it however.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Cool cool, I'll check it out on ebay. Anyone else have any experiences with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,738 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Honestly? Buy BlazBlue instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I own it and find it quite fun, although it's no masterpiece. You might like it, then again you might not like it. Chances are you will, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Honestly? Buy BlazBlue instead.

Look man you love it and your favourite character is probably Watson! :rolleyes: lol

@D4RK ONION; Kiki is right in that BlazBlue>Battle Fantasia. But that doesnt stop BF from being a good game in its own right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Why not get BF until BB is released over here?

It's not as fast paced but plays like GG and it's highly enjoyable. I have it & love it :)

mr_kyle wrote: »
    Look man you love it and your favourite character is probably Watson! :rolleyes: lol

@D4RK ONION; Kiki is right in that BlazBlue>Battle Fantasia. But that doesnt stop BF from being a good game in its own right.
    Nah, I'm all about that kitty waitress, Coyori! :D

But I mean, BB>BF in so many ways, I honestly can't see why you would buy it for anything more than bargain-price, right now.

Moreover, BF came out (ARC) in April 2007, and it hasn't exactly aged well (in only 2yrs!) IMHO. BB is kinda like what BF *tried* to be, but they didn't have the time for it (BF) in the end.

Aksys only released Battle Fantasia on Xbox 360 last year. This fall Marco and Watson, the game’s mandatory magical mascot character, battle on the PlayStation 3. Arc System Works developed this fighting game and gave it a fantasy storybook setting. Unfortunately, we won’t get a retail version of the game like Europe did. Battle Fantasia will only be available as a PlayStation Network download in North America. A release is currently slated for this fall and a representative from Aksys said there will be some surprises
    ... what? o__o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Aksys only released Battle Fantasia on Xbox 360 last year. This fall Marco and Watson, the game’s mandatory magical mascot character, battle on the PlayStation 3. Arc System Works developed this fighting game and gave it a fantasy storybook setting. Unfortunately, we won’t get a retail version of the game like Europe did. Battle Fantasia will only be available as a PlayStation Network download in North America. A release is currently slated for this fall and a representative from Aksys said there will be some surprises

HOW ARE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY? I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU. I WRITE TO INFORM YOU ABOUT MY DESIRE TO INVEST AND TO BUY A HOUSE IN YOUR COUNTRY, AND I HOPE THAT THIS TRANSACTION WILL BE GIVEN AN URGENT APPROVAL AND WILL BE TREATED WITH THE STRICTEST CONFIDENCE.

I AM JOHNSON SAVIMBI FROM ANGOLA.MY LATE FATHER GENERAL JONAS SAVIMBI WAS THE REBEL LEADER WHO CONTROLLED THE GOLD AND THE DIAMOND REGIONS OF ANGOLA FOR 27 YEARS SUCCESSFULLY WITHOUT INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL INTERFERENCE.

BEFORE HE DIED,MY FATHER WAS ATTACKED BY THE OPPOSITION FORCE OF THE GOVERNMENT OF PRESIDENT JOSE EDUARDO DOS SANTOS AND WAS KILLED IN FEBRUARY 22 2002. BUT BEFORE HIS DEATH, HE REVEALED AND HANDED TO ME THE WHOLE DOCUMENTS COVERING THE DEPOSIT OF TWO TRUNK BOXES IN THE SECURITY COMPANY HERE IN COTONOU THE REPUBLIC OF BENIN WEST AFRICA. BECAUSE OF THESE REASON I FLED TO CONGO BRAZZAVILLE AS A REFUGEE BECAUSE MY FATHER STEPPED ON MANY TOES WHILE HE WAS CARRYING OUT HIS REBEL ACTIVITIES AND MANY OF HIS ENEMIES ARE AFTER ME ESPECIALLY MY PRESIDENT.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I've been meaning to click on that Blazblue thread for a while now :P The intention is definitely bargain bin price anyway. Anyway, I've heard it has the most ridiculous boss battle ever, so that should be fun. I'll check out Blazblue for now Kiki, keep your hat on!

• Advertisement
Advertisement