Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japan and suggestions

Options
  • 16-07-2009 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hello everyone, i think this is my first post here but i have been reading for a little while and i have a quick request/question. I am heading to Japan in October for a few weeks and I am going to get some ink while i am there. I want to get a Hannya mask something like THIS.

So far I have only really found an artist named Shige in Yellow Blaze who's work looks incredible and I have contacted him but if i can't get to him or he's busy or whatever I would like to have some alternate choices, so I am asking does anyone have any links to some good artists in Japan? Has anyone here been to japan also?

Any help would be greatly appreciated cheers

E

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Racy

after just looking a little harder i noticed an article saying shige is booked WELL in advance, damn, i'll still try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

My wife and I both got tattooed in chopsticktattoo in Osaka. Ton will do some great work and speaks some English. He was very helpful in fitting us in even though we were walkins. Kept the store open late to fit us in. He does great color work. Highly recommended! I'm going back next year I hope :)

http://www.chopsticktattoo.org/?page_id=87

Osaka is also a very cool youthful town, especially in the America Mura area where the studio is based

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ohiggins

hit "<shop name> shop" <some> st. 4, the guy he's pretty good with traditional japanese, plus he has lots of books about the japanese tattoo...
    check his portfolio @ www.imadirtyspammer.intarwebz
    all the best
    OJ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I hope you realise that a hannya mask isn't actually a demon but represents a scorned woman IIRC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Racy

I hope you realise that a hannya mask isn't actually a demon but represents a scorned woman IIRC

yeah i have been reading up on them in the last few weeks, they are prominent in "no" theatre. I already have mother written on my arm so i might as well get an evil looking minger on my hip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

if you are looking for a japanese demon tattoo then i think you are looking for an 'oni'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

A bit late but check out Three tides in Osaka, an unbelievable line up of artists in that shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Planning to go for three weeks in April, Definitely getting some work done while there.:) Cant wait!!!!!

Advertisement