Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor market

Options
  • 16-07-2009 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

Amyone know Is it starting tomorrow? What will it be like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Amyone know Is it starting tomorrow? What will it be like?

and where is it ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

and where is it ???

Doh! Dopey day - its on Domnaic Street where Tara (camelot) restaurant used to be. Beside subway. Heard it is open every day and will have deli.Should be intresting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Doh! Dopey day - its on Domnaic Street where Tara (camelot) restaurant used to be. Beside apache. Heard it is open every day and will have deli.Should be intresting.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Cool, I heart food markets

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Food? Yum! Last thing I want to see there are dreamcatchers/woollies/hats/joss sticks stuff you never actually buy. Must have a look in today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Food? Yum! Last thing I want to see there are dreamcatchers/woollies/hats/joss sticks stuff you never actually buy. Must have a look in today!

Edible dreamcatchers! Now there's a market!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Took a walk down there at lunchtime hoping for something tasty, there wasn't a whole lot there unfortunately, a lot of jewellery/arts/crafts and some home baking, fruit and veg etc but nothing to satisfy my mighty lunch-hunger.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

Does anyone know who you would contact about getting a permit to trade there?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭biffoman

i would of said city hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Not sure if you need a permit, since you're in off the street.

There are signs on the wall with a phone number to contact about getting a stall. Maybe someone who's down that way would be able to post it for you ...

I'd be facscinated to hear what sort of deal they have, since I've seen only very limited advertising for it around town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

Do you know how large the space is in inside? It looks quite small from outside? I have a friend moving from France looking to start doing markets and stuff.....Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Looked like a fair bit of empty space when I was there on Sunday.

I'd be more concerned about the location than the space: I'm not convinced that the foot-traffic on Dominic St has much money, therefore it needs marketing efforts to get folks there. It's far enough from Shop St that I'm not sure sign-holders will work, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

That space itself doesn't have the best track record for business, except for the glory days of Le Graal ;)

Yeah, foot traffic not great, and 'Tara' had sandwich guys over on shop street to no apparent avail.

Love the concept of indoor markets tho.

Advertisement