Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor moggy found....

Options
  • 17-07-2009 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭

Is anyone missing a cat...?

I'm afraid to say that one was knocked down by a car earlier on today,
    I must say, not by me..
    I noticed someone had moved it off the road and covered it as I was coming home from work just now.

The poor thing is lying on the side turn offs for the park..:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Coolhand

Can you let us know what colour please as there are a lot of cats around the park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

I think its like a browny / ginger colour...

Not 100% sure though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cunno

The cat is a furry grey one. I unfortunately had the mishap of knocking it down yesterday evening. The owners appear to be away at the moment. I have done everything possible to have it removed. The Management Company have been very good and are doing everything possible but it is a County Council issue as it's environmental.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Turns out the county concil said they wouldn't pick up the cat as Charlesland is a private estate... They even went as far to suggest if the cat was picked up and placed on a public road they would then pick it up :eek:

Turns out management company got a local vet to come collect and dispose of the poor little moggy RIP :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭anniec

its not a persian grey haired cat is it??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

R.I.P. Chico.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

dubsgirl wrote: »
    Turns out the county concil said they wouldn't pick up the cat as Charlesland is a private estate... They even went as far to suggest if the cat was picked up and placed on a public road they would then pick it up :eek:

Turns out management company got a local vet to come collect and dispose of the poor little moggy RIP :o

Am I the only one who cannot believe that our Managment fees are being used in this way?

Where has personal responsiblity gone, surely the person who knocked down the cat should have arranged for its removal, why are the rest of us paying for it?

RIP moggy

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

MrsA wrote: »
    Am I the only one who cannot believe that our Managment fees are being used in this way?

Where has personal responsiblity gone, surely the person who knocked down the cat should have arranged for its removal, why are the rest of us paying for it?

RIP moggy

M

I doubt they have a specific fee for picking up dead cats. It must be included in the general cleanliness of the estate. Maybe we should all add a spade in our boots for such acts of misfortune. When im driving my cab around in the early hours im dreading animals running out in front of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cunno

Actually it was not my responsibility to remove the cat from the road. I rang the ISPCA, the local vets, the emergency vets, the county council and nobody would remove it!! What did you want me to do?? You can't just pick an animal up off the road as you don't know where is has been! The management company were very good in their efforts to remove the cat. It is actually the owners responsibility to remove it from the road but I did everything possible to have it removed!!! There is a cost for the vet who removed it and the owners will be responsible for the fee!

I feel bad enough about the whole thing!!

Advertisement