Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 5 PC Benchmark

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Runs really well. 1920x1200 8x AA Motion Blur on. doesn't detect correct clock speed of cpu though.

RE5DX92009-07-2112-23-27-60.jpg

RE5DX92009-07-2112-15-31-73.jpg

Tried it on my laptop as well. Runs...Okay-ish. 1360x766, no AA and Motion Blur off. Still, looks about the same as the 360 version, so I'm not complaining too much. I assume the in-game settings outside AA/MB are set to max for the benchmark. Options to turn off things like shadows would see a nice increase at little visual loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You didn't get the 3rd test AA bug, I got it and its very common. Slows to a crawl for the third west when the first gave 70-120fps where the 3rd gave <25.
    What driver You using?
    I've uninstalled now so I cant replicate again.

Does run beatifully tho, nice engine

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Without being able to read any of those articles in work, have they given us decent mouse support for this? Resident Evil 4 on the pc still haunts my memories (and not in a good way).

The fact that they even released a benchmark tool alongside the fact that it runs well and at resolutions and details beyond the console versions would suggest its a proper effort unlike RE4. RE4 is OK after the updates and patches but upon first release it was absolutely horrendous.

I'm using catalyst 9.7 by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Kiith wrote: »
    Without being able to read any of those articles in work, have they given us decent mouse support for this? Resident Evil 4 on the pc still haunts my memories (and not in a good way).

It should run on my PC, right?

I was not a massive fan of the RE games, played the origional and the likes, but it has come a long way from the first game. I might give it a bash if the demo performs well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I wonder did they have a chance to improve the godawful AI of Sheva?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Kiith wrote: »

I've been playing Resident Evil 4 on PC lately, I know what you mean, I'm going to get one of those Xbox360 controllers for the PC.

what's your pc specs? It looks like the Xbox 360 version on my laptop and that's pretty basic, 2Ghz Core 2 and 9600GS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

:confused: lolwut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

what's your pc specs? It looks like the Xbox 360 version on my laptop and that's pretty basic, 2Ghz Core 2 and 9600GS.

2 gigs of ddr2 ram, dual core processor, 2.4 GHz me thinks, x8800 GTS, the rest is not important... :)
    Varkov wrote: »
    :confused: lolwut

I quoted kiith, it was a question directed at him.

Advertisement