Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Daewoo..Your opinions please.

• 17-07-2009 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

So I'm looking for my first car and i recently came across a Daewoo Tacuma which ticks all the boxes for me but when i mentioned it to a friend before they even heard which Daewoo model it was they were saying no. My friend use to work in a car dealership and says that even there everyone would say to avoid Daewoo cars as they aren't meant to be much good and when you break down parts are hard to find and very expensive. I personally have no experience with cars Daewoo. What's your opinion on Daewoo cars in general or the Daewoo Tacuma? -Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

NO! My ma had a daewoo, ball of crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Jegger

NO! My ma had a daewoo, ball of crap!

ok thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Daewoos are now badged as Chevrolets in europe. There shouldn't be any problems getting parts but there definately are better cheap cars out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

As said above - there are better cheap cars out there. They weren't great cars when new and time has done them no favours. Whats your budget etc and you'll get some better suggestions on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

here's a full review from parkers in the uk, good source of inforamtion about cars
    http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/daewoo/tacuma-2000.aspx

never driven one myself, looks put me off it big time... have driven other daewoo's and have found them adequete for a to b transport,
    parts never been an issue in sourcing... and priced similar if not cheaper than equivilant other brand parts....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

When I worked in the garage, I got to drive many different Daewoo's (I refuse to call them Chevrolet!) They are utter rubbish, they feel cheap and badly built, not great to drive, plus the engines in them have a habit of blowing head gaskets.

Avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

I got a '02 Daewoo Lanos once as a 'courtesy car'. Biggest ball of shyte I ever had the pleasure of driving. The accelerator just made out louder and the steering wheel was about 10cm off center of the driver's seat. I have no idea why people drive these hideous cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

safety wouldn't be as good as in something like a Scenic.

Advertisement