Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hate

• 17-07-2009 4:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

ive noticed a trend in the fact that country people (outside Dublin) seem to pick on ugly people an awful lot ? im wondering why is this beacause i get the impression there trying to deflet stuff of them selfs?

this is a honest question

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

thats an interesting question alright.
    im no expert at all on psychology but would like to lay down an oppinion nonetheless :)

was reading a book on freud recently that went into reasons people do things.like as you said projecting hate of themselves onto others.
    i dont know about ugly but i can certainly understand racism being more prevailant in a society with less of a mix of races.
    i think people tend to steer or maybe trained to steer toward being part of the "group" as appose to seeing change and different as positive things.

so maybe because in the city there are so many different types of people walking around for many more years and in greater numbers than say rural areas would create a less stronger sense of wanting to be the same as the "popular" crowd in more people.

also how do we know what ugly is?
    what is to say a person with a missing nose is not beautiful?
    the only thing is our perception which is created as we grow up and experience life and other opinions etc.

i have a strong oppinion with education and i mean real education not the current one,society could function so much better.

possibly im way oof. but its how i feel about it now anyway.
    im sure a real psychologist can put a bit more light on the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 alanjfinn

thefires wrote: »
    ive noticed a trend in the fact that country people (outside Dublin) seem to pick on ugly people an awful lot ? im wondering why is this beacause i get the impression there trying to deflet stuff of them selfs?

this is a honest question
    I do not mean to be pedantic,but what exactly do you mean by a trend,
    1or 2or 3 or 4 incidents does not make a trend,could you be more specificat all

Advertisement