Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Breaking...broad daylight

Options
  • 17-07-2009 8:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed lately the upturn in houses being broken into during the day.
    There was two houses in my area robbed on Monday,between 9.00-4.00 daytime.They kicked in the front door.Now these houses are in a housing estate not isolated.
    Its very scarey:eek:,in one instance the person had only gone across the road to another neighbour for around 15mins.These people dont seem to have any fear.
    Anyone know how to protect your house,without having to build a forty foot wall and guards patrolling 24hours a day:mad:.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Daytime has always been a favourite for these scumbags, much less chance of someone being home.

Apart from having a monitored alarm and/or a very scary dog there's not much you can do to keep someone out who is really determined to get into your house.

And the worst part is that even if they are caught in the act they get away with it as our courts don't seem to punish criminals anymore.

Makes my blood boil :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

How do they know there is nobody in the house or do they care less,its very scarey.They are the lowest of the low.

holly1 wrote: »
    How do they know there is nobody in the house or do they care less.

Probably a bit of both. They might be local scum who know their victims work during the day or whether they have a dog or not.

Or they might be just opportunist scum who ring the doorbell a few times, if they don't hear a dog or get an answer then they know it's OK to kick the door in.

The strange thing is one of the people they broke into on Monday has a dog that never stops barking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Where in Kildare is this happening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Happened to the girlfriend's place about a year ago. She was out of work for a few weeks so was the only one home. But would walk the dog everyday.
    Too much of a coincidence that they broke in the 40 minutes she took to walk the dog. Seems like they watched the place to know when people are out.

Bastards took their brand new 42 inch Sony tv and the laptop I'd just bought her. :mad:

BVB wrote: »
    Where in Kildare is this happening

Clane and Sallins on the same day:(.

The strange thing is one of the people they broke into on Monday has a dog that never stops barking.

There are plenty of dogs like that in my area but if they are locked up in the back garden then scumbag knows he is safe inside the house.

You need a really vicious dog trained to sit by your front door all day to attack the following.....

:- Would be burglars.
    :- Bite the fingers off those gits who post "Charity Clothing Collection" stickers through the door.
    :- Anyone from Concern or any other organisation looking for your bank details.

I think a big fat sawn off shot gun would be the thing.Its dreadful to think these scum of the earth can just come in to your house and take things you worked so hard to get together,and then leave people nervous wrecks worring they might come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭trudub

these shower think they can get away with anything. The only thing anyone could do is reinforce the door and use your chub lock. Will at least make it much harder to get in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

How do they know there is nobody in the house or do they care less,its very scarey.They are the lowest of the low.
    During the day they'd just ring the doorbell, if no answer then a quick bang on the window to check for a house alarm, 9 times out of 10 buglaries are opportunistic, as long as you keep your house secure when your out, close all windows and have a good strong lock on your doors, 5 lever locks/deadbolts, then no one would bother. They want to be in and out as quick as possible,

Also for wheelie bins don't keep them in the front of your house as they can be used to hop over walls and fences to get to the back of your house or to climb through high up windows.

When a house looks secure burglars move on because they know that if they walk down to another few houses theres always one that won't have taken the simple steps to keep them out.

Makes sence,thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Clane and Sallins on the same day:(.

Whereabouts in Clane?

The last estate on the Kilcock road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 finishedart

Recently stood at our back door with my wife and son watching 2 youths on a flat roof rifle a bedroom. One was inside and handed the tv and other stuff out to the smaller 'child'. They saw us, waved, and continued on. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Jesus I would love to have you as a neighbour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Recently stood at our back door with my wife and son watching 2 youths on a flat roof rifle a bedroom. One was inside and handed the tv and other stuff out to the smaller 'child'. They saw us, waved, and continued on. :mad:

I take it you called the gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

clane is getting worse every day, full of scumbags. it used to be a nice place:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭loveforcelbridg

My house has been broken into twice since the start of the summer but I have a staffordshire bull terrier and it scares most of the burgalurs that can get through the conservatrie haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭smartaform

I went to London in May for a day - well day and night and i made my wife stay in dublin at her parents as i didn't think it would be safe for her staying in the place by herself. We also have a 1 yr old boy.
    We arrived back AND guess what, back door smashed, front door wide open - nothing taken thankfully besides the 2nd car which had vanished.

Called the Gardai, they done nothing, told us they had picked the car up he previous night abandoned in the middle of the road... why they did'nt check where it had come from is beyond me...
    This was is Nurney, a small village, people know who is doing this crap yet they let it continue.
    We moved out on the spot - i refused to let my boy and wife anywhere near the house. On the spot move out, we were lucky her parents let us stay with them for a few weeks!! Gardai had their thumbs up the rear end - afraid to go round the corner and question the alleged culprit, my hands tied as if i retalliated i would be jailed.
    We heard about a month ago the house was burned to the ground - seriously, Gardai need to wake up and start enforcing the law, who knows how many families are subject to the same thing in small villages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭mixer101

My house has been broken into twice since the start of the summer but I have a staffordshire bull terrier and it scares most of the burgalurs that can get through the conservatrie haha.

Maybe I'm misreading your post here, but what are you actually saying...?:confused:
    Is it that your dog is or is not a deterrent? And is it that if the scumbags enter your house through other than the conservatory that they are successful...?:confused:

By the way, what's the haha for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Get yourself a decent dog..

My parents have one of these.. strangers can't open the front gate without him freaking out.

leonberger-dog.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭loveforcelbridg

mixer101 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm misreading your post here, but what are you actually saying...?:confused:
    Is it that your dog is or is not a deterrent? And is it that if the scumbags enter your house through other than the conservatory that they are successful...?:confused:

By the way, what's the haha for?
    The burgalars are that bad they cant get into the conservatory , and the ones that do are freaked out by the dog.

Advertisement