Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smartlink 7 HKC

Options
  • 17-07-2009 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Firstly a thanks for all the information I was able to pick up by searching this discussion forum it contained a lot of what I needed to know.
    Now the Question
    I'm in the process of installing a HKC alarm (DIY) been doing it on the drip over the last few weeks (dont have a lot of free time thats why its taking so long) In the HKC Installation Manual it mentions a software package "Smartlink 7" is it worthwhile installing a cable run to accomidate this to my home PC and what would I need. I'm assuming there is a cost for the software cant find any info on Google other than the HKC site.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Gun Shy wrote: »
    Firstly a thanks for all the information I was able to pick up by searching this discussion forum it contained a lot of what I needed to know.
    Now the Question
    I'm in the process of installing a HKC alarm (DIY) been doing it on the drip over the last few weeks (dont have a lot of free time thats why its taking so long) In the HKC Installation Manual it mentions a software package "Smartlink 7" is it worthwhile installing a cable run to accomidate this to my home PC and what would I need. I'm assuming there is a cost for the software cant find any info on Google other than the HKC site.
    Thanks

Hi gun shy,
    the hkc smartlink 7 is only for registered installers of hkc equipment. it allowes them access remotely with your permission to your hkc panel to check for faults and change settings. you are installing the hkc in your own home so dont need this feature as if you have any problems you will be fixing them yourself..
    hope this helps..
    any problems installing your system let us know..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I wouldn't bother. SL7 is only for programming the panel and offers no other functionality apart from that.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

SL7 is only for programming the panel and offers no other functionality apart from that.
    That is what I was told too, although I have never used one.
    the hkc smartlink 7 is only for registered installers of hkc equipment
    I am sure can get you one if you want.

BTW we know each other, PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Gun Shy

Jnealon wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother. SL7 is only for programming the panel and offers no other functionality apart from that.

http://www.t-comsecurity.com/products/panels.pdf

Says here 2 Versions Professional for installers
    and
    Home Version for remotely controlling your premises

Got this reply from HKC

Good Morning

Thank You for your enquiry. Smartlink home is only available through your intruder alarm installation company

2011 wrote: »

I am sure can get you one if you want.

BTW we know each other, PM sent

you can get it if your a registered alarm company and have a psa licence..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

you can get it if your a registered alarm company and have a psa licence..
    Correct, all registered alarm companies should be able to get one easily enough.

http://www.t-comsecurity.com/products/panels.pdf

Says here 2 Versions Professional for installers
    and
    Home Version for remotely controlling your premises

Got this reply from HKC

Good Morning

Thank You for your enquiry. Smartlink home is only available through your intruder alarm installation company

what your looking for is a text dialer, with this you can control your alarm via your mobile by texting the panel.

2011 wrote: »
    Correct, all registered alarm companies should be able to get one easily enough.

yes they can but gun shy is installing his own alarm so wont need the smartlink 7 that installers use. as i said earlier it allowes registered installers to access the panel remotely to check for faults and change settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Gun Shy

altor wrote: »
    what your looking for is a text dialer, with this you can control your alarm via your mobile by texting the panel.

I have the text dialer getting round to installing it.

Got a product sheet from HKC on the Smartlink 7 (pe) personal edition.

This is seperate from the Smartlink "professional" which installers use.

The pe version is designed for home owners and appears to allow realtime monitoring of your premises .

Thats the one I'd be interested in

See PDF in posting above

I have the text dialer getting round to installing it.

Got a product sheet from HKC on the Smartlink 7 (pe) personal edition.

This is seperate from the Smartlink "professional" which installers use.

The pe version is designed for home owners and appears to allow realtime monitoring of your premises .

Thats the one I'd be interested in

See PDF in posting above

that is not available to anyone, it was only brought out as a trial but they took it off the market. the only one is the installers edition..
    hope this helps..

• Advertisement
Advertisement