Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Eircom down again + Service Change to Vodafone

Options
  • 17-07-2009 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Living in North County Dublin.

My eircom was down again yesterday - does anybody know is this the same problem that has been there the past few days or has that fully cleared.

The reason i ask is that I have recently changed phone and internet service to Vodafone. Now I presumed that my eircom internet account would simply transfer over and I would have to do nothing but I have not received a new modem or anything - would eircom have just cut me off.

THansk for the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

olazabal wrote: »
    Living in North County Dublin.

My eircom was down again yesterday - does anybody know is this the same problem that has been there the past few days or has that fully cleared.

The reason i ask is that I have recently changed phone and internet service to Vodafone. Now I presumed that my eircom internet account would simply transfer over and I would have to do nothing but I have not received a new modem or anything - would eircom have just cut me off.

THansk for the help.
    The transfer over is seemless, its settings up your Eircom router with a different username and password (the Eircom router is fine).

Do the following. On your computer, open up your web browser and:

Go to http://192.168.1.254/ > Expert Mode > Yes Enter Expert Mode > Configure > Connection

Now in the middle of the page, there is 3 options for username, password and confirm password. You need to contact Vodafone to find out these details, enter them correctly and click Save and Restart. If you did this correctly, the red Internet light on the Netopia will turn green and you will be online.

Advertisement