Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career mode

Options
  • 17-07-2009 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else get a bit annoyed with the difference ways they do career mode in the GH and RB games?

2 recent example.

GH Metallica get 72 stars (based on the star rating you get from finishing each song) to unlock the last song and career mode done. So assuming you're getting 5 stars in most of your songs you'll finish it after 16 songs. I thought this was a fairlt good system but a bit on the easy side. Maybe increase the limit to 100 stars or something like that.

GH Greatest Hits similar to Metallica but getting stars to unlock the new areas but you need more for each area and you have to play every song in the game to unlock Dragonforce. So 60+ songs to play to finish career mode.

a third one is band career in RB. Having to play the same song multiple times in the different gigs is a pain in the ass when it's the ****ty songs (of which there are a good few in that game) at least in GH you only have to play them once!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I didnt like the play each song once route in guitar hero , slightly preferred how they did it in world tour, but have to say i really did prefer the longevity of how they did it in RB2, i'll take your point on the repeating the rubbish songs though. I also liked the challenges in RB also.

Also in RB2 i noticed that when I got new songs and imported songs from RB1 they seemed to come up more often on the mystery set lists so there was much more variety.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I too prefer the RB approach, it keeps me interested and there's so much to do that you can sit down once a day and say "okay, I'll do 3 gigs today". It gives me a nice little target to reach. Also, even if the song is "****ty" as you so wonderfully put it, often it's challenging on one of the instruments, so at least you don't have to be bored.

That's another thing. I don't know how it works in GH but I like the way you can play the 3 (4 if you include bass, but I don't) under the same career progress. It means I can be chipping away, and still get my daily training for a particular instrument.

Liked that too, and the fact that if you fail out you can retry the song on an easier setting rigth away with out having to quit back out to the main screen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Agree with the RB songs getting boring playing the same songs over and over. but this is only an issue if you have the RB disc and nothing else. Factor in RB2 and the 20 free DLC songs that come with it and your probably close to 200 songs and thats before you even delve into the paid DLC of which there is plenty.

splashing 400 points on a license to import the songs from RB1 to RB2 and borrowing the rockband disc to do this was the best thing i ever bought on live, hated you couldnt do the career proper in RB1 in single player :mad:

You also get new career challenges when you do this :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

calex71 wrote: »
    splashing 400 points on a license to import the songs from RB1 to RB2 and borrowing the rockband disc to do this was the best thing i ever bought on live, hated you couldnt do the career proper in RB1 in single player :mad:

You also get new career challenges when you do this :)

I bought RB1 out of HMV, took it home, imported the songs, then brought it back a few days later and got MS Points out of the refund for even more songs!

Advertisement