Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2008 ford transit engine goen??

• 17-07-2009 10:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

Lads any body work for ford? my father in law has a 08 transit bought from new and yesterday he heard a banging noise coming from the engine thinks its the big end!! it only has 22000 kms on the clock will ford stand over it or is he screwed?? any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Its only a year old, so its under warranty. Get it into a Ford Dealer ASAP, or contact Ford assist. The number for them should be in the handbook, or on a sticker on the windscreen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭fm

they come with a 2 year warranty so yes i would
    think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

its under warranty, so as long as he hasn't voided the warranty, Ford should stand over it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

sorry lads its a 2007 he rang ford no warrenty €1500 to fix.1500 he dont have and still paying by the month thats unreal ford wont help him.customer service nice one ford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Has it been serviced at the recommended intervals?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Ask Ford Ireland for a warranty contribution, all they can do is say no.

I just read there the first service is due around 15000 miles whats that convert into kms?

as he said it has a spanner light that comes on when the service is due this has not happened yet could there be a fault there i gona email ford ireland and see what they say

fox007 wrote: »
    sorry lads its a 2007 he rang ford no warrenty €1500 to fix.1500 he dont have and still paying by the month thats unreal ford wont help him.customer service nice one ford

no offence, why should Ford help him out??? why is Ford the bad guy here??
    if its a known fault due to design ... then yes they should, but if its just a breakdown, which happens, why should they be on the hook for it.....

out of curiousty...
    whats the service history like? is it full Ford service history? how many mile is on the van....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

robtri wrote: »

Because their engine lasted 22k kms? maybe?

if its a known fault due to design ... then yes they should, but if its just a breakdown, which happens, why should they be on the hook for it.....

out of curiousty...
    whats the service history like? is it full Ford service history? how many mile is on the van....
    read the first post for info ford should help him because he gave the 25 grand 2 years ago for a van thats renowned for its reliability and 22000 kms the engine is nackered think about it them vans should do 200000 miles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

It is an issue with the engines.

I have seen them die at early mileage. Get on to them, they should give you partial warranty at least

maidhc wrote: »
    Because their engine lasted 22k kms? maybe?
    fox007 wrote: »
    read the first post for info ford should help him because he gave the 25 grand 2 years ago for a van thats renowned for its reliability and 22000 kms the engine is nackered think about it them vans should do 200000 miles

What about service history?
    or has the van being on the road for over two years now, covered 22,000 kms and never being serviced?

Ford I assume since they have given you a price, they have inspected it? did they give a reason for what happened to the engine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

But why has the engine died. Is the sump damaged, did it run out of oil, hole in the rad ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Saab Ed wrote: »
    But why has the engine died. Is the sump damaged, did it run out of oil, hole in the rad ?
    I am led to believe there is an internal issue with theses engines.

There was one in the garage recently that just took on a knock all of a sudden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

What about service history?
    or has the van being on the road for over two years now, covered 22,000 kms and never being serviced?

possibly, don't they have 20,000km service intervals?

the rad or sump has never been damaged or anything like that it has doen little work 22000k in 2 and a bit years ford have it in the garage they towed it away dont think there a 100% sure what happened but yet the came up with aprice of 1500€ the van has not ben serviced he said he was waiting on the service light to come up on the dash.does anyone know what the millage between each service on the transit shoul the light be on or just about to come on?in my golf the book say service is due when light comes on the dash so I dont know,first service is due at 24k so any clause ther?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I've been working a ford garage for nearly 2 years and have only seen 1 engine been replaced. They are very reliable. You have to get it serviced every 20000km or 1 year which ever comes first. Even if the mileage is low the oil can deteriorate over time and loss its lubrication properties thus the reason for one year.

A 2 Y/O taxi transit came in to us with 150,000km's+ and only 2 services, he had to get a new engine.... Moral of the story just get it serviced regularly by a main or an indy which ever suits you.

Plug wrote: »
    I've been working a ford garage for nearly 2 years and have only seen 1 engine been replaced. They are very reliable. You have to get it serviced every 20000km or 1 year which ever comes first. Even if the mileage is low the oil can deteriorate over time and loss its lubrication properties thus the reason for one year.

A 2 Y/O taxi transit came in to us with 150,000km's+ and only 2 services, he had to get a new engine.... Moral of the story just get it serviced regularly by a main or an indy which ever suits you.
    well everyone else semes to deffer from you any way it turnes out the ring gear is goen not the big eng thank god but thanx to everyone who said get a warranty contribution davey etc , I got on to them, instead of it been 1500 its now 400 thats a big difference thanks everyone and thanks ford they pay for parts I pay for labour..happy enough....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

Glad you found solution to the problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Good stuff!:)
    Remember to get it serviced now the next time:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement