Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lets get this baby out!!!!

• 17-07-2009 11:10am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Right, herself is due this weekend. She doesnt want to have to be induced. I need all the old wives tales about how to bring on labour.
    We went for a walk the other night, she was getting very bad pains so we had to stop and just go home(after about 5 minutes), im thinking about making a spicy curry for dinner tonight. Anything else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭janbaby

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Sex, sex and more sex... that's what I'm telling my bf anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

DO NOT TOUCH CASTOR OIL. No, just no... don't do it... ever... seriously... believe me on this one...

It does bring on labour, well, it did for me anyway, but the cons of the birth far outweighed the pros of taking the castor oil.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

A really really hot curry.Worked on all of ours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

Yep sex is the way to go ! on my first we said we would try it and see what happens if it didnt work its an old wives tale.. later that night waters broke! was day before due date!! so some lovin is a needed !!

Heard the castor oil is extreme so stay away from that!

And after that i suppose plenty of walking to get babys head engaged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Anna88

My friend went out in her car and hunted down every speed bump she could find....flew over them, and an hour later was screaming

"Stupid Speed Bumps...didn think it would actually work aaaaaarrgh"

What does castor oil do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

janbaby wrote: »
    What does castor oil do?

It gives you a bad case of diarrhea, which in turn contracts the uterus and breaks your waters. The concept being that once your waters break you go into labour. Unfortunately that's not that way it works.

I had read up on it and decided to try it (was desperate) and hunted a bottle of it down. Took it at 9pm and after a sleepless night and three trips to the loo my waters broke at 6am the following morning. I made my way to the hospital and I wasn't in labour, so the midwife booked me in for an induction the next day. The induction ended in an emergency c section under general anesthetic after fetal distress.

Unless you read up on it and are happy to take the risk (it works for some women...) then I wouldn't do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Aysha

genuinely, nipple stimulation is very effective, best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Spiderman80884

Aysha wrote: »
    Nipple stimulation and sex? Not sure if I could handle that!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭phaze

Aysha wrote: »

Was only reading about this yerday in What to Expect When You're Expecting.Apparently you need to stimulate the nipples for a few HOURS every day and it can lead to longer, more painful conctractions. She advises anyone to think 4 times (twice for each nipple) before trying it!

Walking or making love seem to be the two better options out there. Good luck!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Still waiting :(
    She'll be induced next Tuesday unless the baby starts to get a move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

haha, by the end of the thirteen overdue days before my one was born we had tried spicy food, sex, bouncing on birthing ball, more sex, walking.. everything and the day before i was to be induced i went into labour! good luck!

Did anything work, did your partner have her baby? :)

Advertisement