Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Years waiting for deeds for house

Options
  • 17-07-2009 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭

I bought a new house 3.5 years ago and have not received any deeds or any other official documentation to say that I own the property. All that I have is the contract of sale etc. from when I bought it. The property is outside of Dublin. I own it outright (i.e. no mortgage) so there's no bank involved. I have been in touch with my solicitor on several occasions and each time have been told that there can be huge delays with the Land Registry office.

What's the story with this? Should I have received deeds? Or are the records electronic and kept in the Land Registry database? Is my solicitor fobbing me off?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

well, i know at one stage there was a 3-4 year backlog in the Land Registry but i thought they have reduced this right down.

i would request your reference number for the land registry from your solicitor and you should be able to check the progress online.

again, a couple of years ago it cost €2.50 to search but i am not sure of the cost now

another thing, are you sure it is land registry and not register of deeds?

Advertisement