Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S.E. How long can they last ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Ouch Mr Desmond, thats not a good read.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Wow a bit shocked over this one :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

that loss is create by him writing of the assets over 3 years, ie the 4.5 million he invest. You won't get a true idea of the profit unless you add back the deprecation etc. Those figures do not give enough detail for anyone to be concern and to be honest, there very small figures in the scale of the operation.

But if they don't start improving the place and trying to run some major events from it etc, it won't be around for ever, or at least the poker room wont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

never been i there but what the fck did he spend 5.5millon on in doing the place up .

is there gold plated taps seating or what .

think it really only some kind of tax dodge or write off here in ireland for him and his companys :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Rookie447

Considering Mr Desmond is worth over 2 Billion EUR, i dont think he would be at all concerned about a tiny little annual loss of 1.2 million.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Believe me, you dont get to be a billionaire without caring about losing *anything*. No one wants to be associated with a "failure" either.

It was pretty clear they pumped money into the place to be fair...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭nVid

Any body else turned off the SE by the idea of fingerprinting for membership?

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

nVid wrote: »

Bane of my life. Well, my SE attending life anyway. Apart from the civil liberty aspect, mine simply doesn't work (I clearly have fingerprints with anarcho tendencies). So the same charade gets played out over and over. I look at the fingerprint yokemabobby dubiously and say "This never works". The doorman insists I give it a try. I give it a try. It doesn't work. He insists I try it again. It still doesn't work. He takes my card with a strongly suspicious look. I look at the ceiling while he does something on the computer with my card. Then he buzzes me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

doke wrote: »
    Bane of my life. Well, my SE attending life anyway. Apart from the civil liberty aspect, mine simply doesn't work (I clearly have fingerprints with anarcho tendencies). So the same charade gets played out over and over. I look at the fingerprint yokemabobby dubiously and say "This never works". The doorman insists I give it a try. I give it a try. It doesn't work. He insists I try it again. It still doesn't work. He takes my card with a strongly suspicious look. I look at the ceiling while he does something on the computer with my card. Then he buzzes me in.

I dont see the problem with that, alot of people dont bother using there card they just walk up and are either known or just give there name so i dont see why you cant do this, strange :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I dont see the problem with that, alot of people dont bother using there card they just walk up and are either known or just give there name so i dont see why you cant do this, strange :confused:

Its the dodgy head on him innit?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

nVid wrote: »

u dont have to give your fingerprint to anyone tell them fck off .i wont give it in macou either .they can have my photo nothing else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

lol, why won't people give their finger prints?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Pabloh

Wanted criminals? :)

Doesn't bother me. I have to give it going to the states too - people refuse to go because of that? Excuse imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

doke wrote: »
    ... Apart from the civil liberty aspect....

What civil liberties aspect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

I'm surprised to see such naivety from you, thought you were clued in.
    Basically Dermot Desmond is a very rich Businessman . He almost certainly has ties to the Illuminati/ Bilderberg group. Do you want these people to have your fingerprints/personal information on file? I dont. Especially at atime when they are making a move toward having a One-world government. (Dont take the Swine flu vaccine-its part of the plan)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Pabloh

Don't photographs steal your soul? Shouldn't have to have them taken either imo. Should just have to turn up and give a hint of what your name may be - no signatures for they could be used to access your bank accountsw - not that you should have a bank account. Money under the bed ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Jasus, I don't know. I get mine changed at least once a year, needed or not:p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭karpov33

It might be a tax dodge fro DD he has soo much money he dint know what to do withh it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭karpov33

Dusk till Dawn in England is down millions with a mega backer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

karpov33 wrote: »
    Dusk till Dawn in England is down millions with a mega backer
    Not super surprised at that. Looks like they sunk serious coin into it, very impressive looking Venue, but i believe its Poker only. Always wondered how they were expecting to get that money back from Reg fees and 2/5 Cash game rake? Surely not having pit games is massively -EV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

I'm surprised to see such naivety from you, thought you were clued in.
    Basically Dermot Desmond is a very rich Businessman . He almost certainly has ties to the Illuminati/ Bilderberg group. Do you want these people to have your fingerprints/personal information on file? I dont. Especially at atime when they are making a move toward having a One-world government. (Dont take the Swine flu vaccine-its part of the plan)

I can verify all of this 104%. Thoguht it may be thta i've been drinking since 3pm yesterday.

Poker is easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

http://www.edri.org/edrigram/number5.6/fingerprint-database-eu

Agree on the big dodgy head point: I get that a lot.

Advertisement