Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear Factory + Threat Signal = Arkaea

• 17-07-2009 12:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Being one of my favourite bands, I am always excited to hear new Fear Factory-related material. As I'm sure fans are aware, there seems to have been yet another split in the band with Dino Cazares rejoining Burton C. Bell, Gene Hoglan and Byron Stroud leaving Raymond Herrera and Christian Olde Wolbers frozen out. Threat Signal share some similarities with Fear Factory's sound, particularly the tight, staccato drumming and the mixture of harsh and clean vocals so it's probably not surprising that members of both bands got together to create something.

Arkaea is a side project that has me eagerly awaiting the release of its debut album, Years in the Darkness, next week. Featuring Raymond Herrera (drums) and Christian Olde Wolbers (guitar) of Fear Factory and Pat Kavanagh (bass) and Jon Howard (vocals) of Threat Signal, what I've heard so far on the MySpace page has been very promising. Apparently a bunch of the songs on the album were written with the intention of being on the new Fear Factory album.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Con.

I'm a big fan of Fear Factory myself so I've been waiting for this bands(Arkaea) debut album for a long time.
    Finally have it and it was worth the wait! Lots of solid songs on this album such as Black Ocean, Gone Tomorrow, Lucid Dreams and Rise Today.

Good luck to Ray and Christian with this; i hope they turn this into a full time thing. Although i think Christian said that in an interview so hopefully!
    Ah this and Divine Heresy will make my July a happy month! Loving the vocals too. Much prefer him to Bell. not that i don't like Burtons vocals mind you.. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Thanks for the heads-up about Divine Heresy. I didn't realise they had a new album coming out. I will definitely be checking it out as I quite liked Bleed The Fifth.

If you're liking Jon Howard's vocals then definitely check out Threat Signal. They only have one album released so far but they have another one due in September of this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Con.

Cheers malice I'll deffo have a look at them now. Didn't know too much about Threat Signal really before besides about 1 song I'd say.

If you're looking out for the Divine Heresy's latest stuff i think their songs are all up on youtube now. New vocalist is pretty cool even though i loved Tommy Vext.

Here's hoping Fear Factory get something out this decade as well! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Just searched Arkaea on here to get this thread...

I just got my hands on the album.. Its ****in unreal way better than threat signal IMO.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Glad someone else likes them. It was a pity that the thread sank without a trace so quickly!

• Advertisement
Advertisement