Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting rid of Run Flat Tyres?

• 17-07-2009 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have a 2007 BMW 318 with Run Flat Tyres which cost a fortune and aren't comfortable to drive. I had a service done a week ago and the mechanic, who has 3 BMW's himself, told me to change them to ordinary tyres and carry a can of foam for any slow punctures. I'm wondering how this would affect the computer in the car and had anyone done this successfully???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SAL24

I don't believe I do. I just want to know if it can be done as each of these tyres are €180 each and a pain in the ass to drive on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

tyres can be swapped on the wheels no problems, you will just have to reset the tyre monitoring system which you can through the OBC.

Thanks for that, I'm having a lot of trouble with this car and the warranty is up in Sept. The front wheel bearings are going, I've a problem with my clutch, a clicking noise every time I change gear when I've just started the car. Also I have difficulty getting into 1st gear when neutral while stationery eg traffic lights. This is my second BMW in two years, bought a 316i in May 2007 but returned it 5 months later after 7 things had to be replacced, electrics, exhaust, clutch.My friend has a 2006 one and she has had a lot of problems too. Is anyone else having problems with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

SAL24 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I'm having a lot of trouble with this car and the warranty is up in Sept. The front wheel bearings are going, I've a problem with my clutch, a clicking noise every time I change gear when I've just started the car. Also I have difficulty getting into 1st gear when neutral while stationery eg traffic lights. This is my second BMW in two years, bought a 316i in May 2007 but returned it 5 months later after 7 things had to be replacced, electrics, exhaust, clutch.My friend has a 2006 one and she has had a lot of problems too. Is anyone else having problems with them?
    Yo can extend the warranty, but this has to be done before the original warranty expires.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

SAL24 wrote: »

i have an 05 320d and looking through the complete history, it has only needed a new power steering pipe as it was slightly leaking, and my car has over 100k on it now! some trees just have bad apples im afraid!

Anan1 wrote: »
    Yo can extend the warranty, but this has to be done before the original warranty expires.

would recommend you do this, depending on cost of course, but its deffo worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

kceire wrote: »
    would recommend you do this, depending on cost of course, but its deffo worthwhile.
    Did it on my mother's 320d, from memory it cost around €750. It can be extended from year to year, but only during the warranty.

Didn't know I could extend the warranty, if I can I'll do that. Thanks

Advertisement