Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

student credit card

Options
  • 17-07-2009 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

hi,

im wondering what the conditions are to apply for a student creditcard with bank of ireland?

i have looked and looked but i cant find the conditions! I heard i need a regular income but i play poker for a living.

i have a third level account with bank of ireland.

can anybody tell me??

thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭c_dog

yeah I would like to know this too as there meant to be so handy to have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

As far as I know, it is based on a credit check and proof of income. If you don't need the credit so to speak, ie: want the card to buy online ect... you can get a prepaid mastercard with payzone.

Www.PayzoneMoney.Com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Open up an account with AIB and get theirs. Don't need proof of income or anything like that. They also have a better internet banking system

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

When I got mine you needed proof of income iirc.

Best thing to do would be to just ring them up and ask them what their conditions are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭dungeon

Credit cards are very easy but you have to be VERY careful as sometimes they are TOO easy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Got the BOI one a couple of years ago, didn't need any proof of income.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

The BOI credit card helped me but plenty of debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dublinboi

As far as I can remember you need to have a monthly turnover in your account of 130€ and pay by Direct Debit, through a bank of Ireland Current Account. The limit is about 800-900€ for third/fourth years.

Otherwise, the normal T&Cs of a BOI credit card apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭PunkFreud

Don't get a credit card. 3V vouchers are way handier (as long as you don't spend much more than a few hundred euros). They are way cheaper, and make you think before you use them. I have one, and I'd recommend them anydays as opposed to a crdit card (if you're young)

https://www.3v.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

If i do a PLC can I get this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Ascendotum

This site might help:

studentbankcompare.com

Shows the difference between the different cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 The Lizard

i got a boi student credit card-no proof of income needed!really flexible with credit limits aswell!

Advertisement