Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to sell gold?

Options
  • 17-07-2009 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Bit strapped at the minute and was thinking of selling my gold. A few rings and a chain. Anyone have any reccomendations as where to sell it in town(Dublin)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Superjet701

Was in a similar position last week mate, someone broke into my place and left me with virtually nothing. I had no insurance and had to raise cash fast. I had a heavy chain my ex bought me years ago in Greece. I walked around town and the first place was goldrush in bolton street who offer ed me 700 but I didnt take that and spent the day trying many jewelers and pawn shops . They were all around the 400-550 mark. So I went back to the one in bolton st and the bloke said gold had gone down a little since thye day before but still gave me the 700, in cash as well. Sorted me out for a while anyway.
    Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Superjet701

I wouldn't post anything valuable, anyway I needed cash on the day. I see Goldrush have a new shop in Lower Camden St next to Flannery's pub.
    Must raid the treasure chest again Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Endfloat

Apparently, Shannon MRC are a decent bunch. I've a friend who sold some stuff to them and they met her and paid her straight away. Their website is www.shannonmrc.com. All their details are on there. Might be worth a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

There is a place where you can sell gold, downstairs, in St Stephens Green shopping centre that also does Jewelry repairs.

I believe the prices are decent - and they weigh - test it. While I was waiting a saw someone looking to sell gold, and they were quoted a price.

Advertisement