Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem getting professional Indemnity and Public Liability for Individual

Options
  • 17-07-2009 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently applied as a job for a research consultant.

If I am successful I will need evidence of professional indemnity and public liablilty insurance.

The problem is the insurance forms. Because this is my first time in a direct role as a reaserch consultant (individual) a lot of the stuff in the forms don't apply to me.

The job mainly will consist of desktop research with travel to libraries/archives occasionally.

Some insurance companies have been helpful, others not so good. The job is only for five months, and I got one quote for €800 for public liability, which seems a little steep. Other insurance companies say i wouldn't need it if I got the job, even though it clearly states that I do on the application forms!:(

Any ideas on where I get reasonable insurance quotes for a research role?

Advertisement