Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Egg Poacher

Options
  • 17-07-2009 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys, not sure if this is the correct place but i'll have a go anyway

A quick question -

Ive been looking in the last few weeks for a replacement egg poacher, but no shops seem to stock them, does anyone know of a shop in dublin (preferably town) that does?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭callig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Thanks! Ill take a look at that now, could be the end of quite a bit of searching!!!

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭callig

You're welcome. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Nisroc

You are far safer going for the boiling pot of water option :)

Were people go wrong is thinking that stirring a tornado type vortex before dropping the egg(s) in is the key. You just need a mini stir to get the best out of your eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

having that in the morning,toast and tea .....mmmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Nisroc wrote: »
    You are far safer going for the boiling pot of water option :)

Were people go wrong is thinking that stirring a tornado type vortex before dropping the egg(s) in is the key. You just need a mini stir to get the best out of your eggs.

Exactly.

Also, adding vinegar, imho, is the worst thing you could do, yes it helps a little but what you lose taste wise isn't worth it, makes it horrible!

Just stir the water gently with a wooden spoon, gently break the egg into the centre and in about 45 seconds you have a perfect poached egg.

Another trick is this.

Get a heavey pan (black iron ones work best) and half fill it with cold water, put a circular steel pastry cutter in the middle, break the egg into the pastry cutter and wait, when the water starts to poil the egg will be cooked and look extremely neat.

Oh and always season the water with a little salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

They do them in Tesco, 4 egg ones for around €12(I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Are the microwave ones any good? Also, is it possible to poach an egg but solidify the yolk. Don't crucify me, but I don't like it runny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭upthedub

I have seen them in tescos.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,447 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ok, I loved poached eggs. Easily choice no.1.
    I've started eating more eggs recently, 6-12 a week, and to be honest, half the time I mess poached eggs up. White separates, stringy bits everywhere. Left with a yolk and a mess.

Anybody care to do an idiots guide for me.
    Should the water be boiling, or just getting warmed up.
    I heard a tip before to stick it in a bit of cling film. It works, but its hardly a good idea

Help!!!

Eviledna wrote: »
    Are the microwave ones any good? Also, is it possible to poach an egg but solidify the yolk. Don't crucify me, but I don't like it runny!
    Just leave it in longer. The yolk will always solidify no matter what method is used, just takes longer.

But seriously, why why why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,925 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mellor wrote: »
    Ok, I loved poached eggs. Easily choice no.1.
    I've started eating more eggs recently, 6-12 a week, and to be honest, half the time I mess poached eggs up. White separates, stringy bits everywhere. Left with a yolk and a mess.

Anybody care to do an idiots guide for me.
    Should the water be boiling, or just getting warmed up.
    I heard a tip before to stick it in a bit of cling film. It works, but its hardly a good idea

Help!!!

I tried it before with the clingfilm. Split when I was trying to get it out of the water. They hadn't cooked enough either (my fault, nothing to do with the method). Disaster altogether.

I'd also be interested in an idiots guide

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

There might be some helpful tips in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055287036

Advertisement