Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pizza chains -v- local pizzerias

Options
  • 17-07-2009 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

can anyone explain to me why all of these chains, with all of their bulk buying power can consistently deliver an inferior product to local owner-operated pizzerias for a much higher price?

i am in naas and this is certainly the case (and we have all of the chains to choose from here).

i would urge everyone to give this a try and post their results...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Domino's VS mizzoni's

Domino's wins.

They are ****ing gorgeous.

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stingray75

CutzEr wrote: »
    Domino's VS mizzoni's

Domino's wins.

They are ****ing gorgeous.

/thread

they are both on the chains team...;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

In Athlone there is a place called Bethleem, they do great Pizzas for feck all, only problem is that they don't deliver, but it's worth the drive into town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

Dominos and 4 Star are s*ite IMO, those Chicago Town Pizzas you can buy in Tescos for a fiver are easily as good for a fraction of the cost. Out of the Chains I like Mizzonis though....Worst pizza ever eaten- Pizza Hut, Blackpool in Cork, the slice of pizza was literally DRIPPING orange globules of oil onto the plate:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

I would very rarely buy Chain Pizza when I do its usually Mizzoni's at 4am on a saturday morning and I hate myself for it.A Domino's opened up about 500 yards fom my house replacing one of the best local bakeries ever and Ill never forgive them or any other chain pizza for it! But back on topic,one of the local pizza joints in Bray(pizzas and Cream) is far tastier,better looking,better specials,and the same price as the likes of Four Star and ll them and is in danger of going out of business!? Cant understand how peoples tastebuds have completely detoriated that the likes of Domino's can afford to open a branch in the middle of a recession!!!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭kerno

The nicest one i have had is Pizza hut..
    But the nicest independent pizza shop i have had a pizza in hands down REBAL PIZZA in Maynooth.. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Second this, Pizza n Cream is the nuts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Haven't had it in years but Pinheads Pizza ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭weird

Pizza Hutt on Suffolk street... right now 2 for 1 takeaway pizzas. Don't try the Pizza Hutt delivery... it's not Pizza Hutt pizza, it's Godfathers Pizza with new branding.

Advertisement