Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

do you smuggle drink into a club

• 17-07-2009 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

Tonight me and the gals headn out- im pretty broke so im putting vodka(cheap stuff) into a small bottle and putting it in my bag. i do this a good bit seen as i was charged 8.10 for a vodka and lemonade in a club once.

Seems its been done more and more now

do you smuggle drink into a club?

ps- dont care if i get called scabby

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Never did it myself but I wouldn't be opposed to the idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

No, if I can't afford drink I just stay in.

I don't see a problem with it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭sub-x

Tonight me and the gals headn out- im pretty broke so im putting vodka(cheap stuff) into a small bottle and putting it in my bag. i do this a good bit seen as i was charged 8.10 for a vodka and lemonade in a club once.

Seems its been done more and more now

do you smuggle drink into a club?

ps- dont care if i get called scabby

To hell with anybody that calls you scabby,pub landlords have been pissing moaning about how they are losing money now,but said not a thing when they were happily over charging.

Do it and **** the haters,just don't get caught ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I go out on weekdays where there are promotions in clubs so the opportunity cost of sneaking drink in, having to look after it and not wanting to drink vodka is more/less expensive (whichever way that economic theory works) than just paying for 2/3euro drinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

No. I drink at home before I go clubbing now.

Besides I'm not that dependent on alcohol in a club to have fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I often try to smuggle it out of a club. In mah belly!

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Meh, the broker i am, the drunker i get before going out, couldn't be arsed carrying crap around with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Well a lot of nights out, I'd have a naggin of vodka or bacardi over the course of the night. I'd rather spread it out, so sometimes I drink half at home and bring the rest out with me. If I drank it all at home I wouldn't drink any more in the club anyways, so they'd get no money off me (apart from cover charge etc) ... if I bring some of it with me, at least they're getting money off me for the mixers. So I sometimes do it and don't feel bad about it either!

sub-x wrote: »
    To hell with anybody that calls you scabby,pub landlords have been pissing moaning about how they are losing money now,but said not a thing when they were happily over charging.

Do it and **** the haters,just don't get caught ;)

Oh btw I used to be a doorman in clubs and pubs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 heinrichaussler

No, but I club smugglers after I drink!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Att-tichoo

might have done it once or twice in my college days but never now, have a few at home before i go out tho...

might be diff if in big city or whatever but if i got caught in my town the mortification would not be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Your bag will probably get checked, when you're in the queue hide it in the gusset of your tihts instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

DRINK! Ohhhh yeeeees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Piste wrote: »
    Your bag will probably get checked, when you're in the queue hide it in the gusset of your tihts instead.

they dont check bags in our town, and even so i know the bouncers so...:D

Piste wrote: »

Mostly places do checks bags but they can not search your person,so stick it in your waistband or wear a belt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Never, i'm usually trying to smuggle it out at the end of a night cos the offos are closed!

Mind you i drink beer, so who knows with the price of a vodka?

Can't see myself doing it, if i was that broke i wouldnt enjoy the night scrimping and scraping and watching every penny i'd rather have a night in with a few drinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

I don't, but then, I don't even drink that often, so I can normally afford a few pints. I know a fair few girls who would always make sure to have a naggin of vodka in the handbag going in to a club though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Aha that's handy so. Last week a had a large bottle in my bag which I brought in to a club even tho they were checking bags. No Idea why I didn't get caught, must've been sheer luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Oh The Humanity

Once went halvos on some cheap vodka with a friend, we drank half but were locked so never put the lid back on properly......the vodka was so harsh it took the varnish off a wooden hairbrush in me bag.....dread to think of the effect on our stomachs....

Still waste not want not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I've always put in my bag and never got caught. But I just bring out as small as bag as possible so it won't be searched - they only search the massive suspicious looking bags some girls bring out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I did erasmus in a small city in Spain. I was living with an Irish guy and an English guy, and we were permanetly broke. My solution was to buy a small hip flask (€2 in a china shop) and a bottle of contrieau (very drinkable straight) and one of us just brought the hip flask enerywhere-we always had drink on hand, and it was such a distinguished thing to pass around when ****e talking on the street!
    We christened the hip flask Harry and people starting shouting across nightclubs "is Harry out?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Nah, i measure out a third of a bottle of tesco vodka, mix it to a litre with mi wadi and water and drink it on the bus in ( i make sure to have a friend there though, even if i'm the only one drinking i'm still not drinking alone, if you get me).

Does me for the night :cool:.

Clubs have a cover charge because they don't expect you to be buying much drink there, so no guilt there.

If i wasn't a jobless student i suppose in a pub i'd buy one or two.

Ps. naggins are too expensive for me :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

they dont check bags in our town, and even so i know the bouncers so...:D

Oh so as well as doing the poor landlord out of money he needs to run his establishment (rent, rates, electricity, staff, entertainment, etc etc) you are now jeopardizing the job of door staff that you know?

See what drink is doing to you?!!!!!

Go for it, greedy ba$tards made enough during the boom time.:D

TheZohan wrote: »
    Oh so as well as doing the poor landlord out of money he needs to run his establishment (rent, rates, electricity, staff, entertainment, etc etc) you are now jeopardizing the job of door staff that you know?

See what drink is doing to you?!!!!!

Go for it, greedy ba$tards made enough during the boom time.:D

:D LMFAO :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Unfortunately I dont drink vodka anymore.....so I may have to try smuggle bottles of beer into the club. My only problem is trying to hide all them bottles :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Nope, but if I can afford the door tax I can afford the drink...
    I find sneaking in a couple of ready rolled spliffs or a few pills in to a be a much better use of my limited smuggling talents, but I don't bother with clubs much these days...overpriced, no smoking and sh*te music

You women have it too easy...I'd never get away with sneaking in a bottle of anything into a club...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yes, if I want to. Never been caught actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Nah, drink enough before I go out and if I end up being bananas I might start stealing drink...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Me & my Mates if we go out now just hav few beers spirits etc before d Pub/Club €5 a beer in d club Rip off so a disco biscuit now & again saves me from being skint Lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Sock is usually good for a naggin, then it's off to the bar to get water with a dash of blackcurrant, off to the jacks to refresh the beverage and save yourself a tasty few bob.

Due to an anatomical coincidence, it's also very easy to double the fun with a naggin in each sock.

They do get quite uncomfortable for more than about 10 minutes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

sometimes in the handbag but mostly just drink before hitting the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Classy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I was at a wedding out in leixlip last month, and I brought a bottle of jack daniels with me for the night.

Just went up and bought a couple of glasses of coke for me jack d.
    No shame I wasn't going to spend 6.80 for a shot of jack daniels so I brought my own.

bottle of jack was hidden in the other half's handbag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭IceICEbaby

I do it all the time!
    I think most people do it - its not scabby! The amount of money you pay in Dublin clubs is beyond crazy.
    No way are they "losing money".
    I'm a student and only work part-time so I don't exactly have the money to be 'throwing around'.

Earlier this week I went out to a club with my friends and we didnt bother buying drink before-hand (It was raining really hard and no-one wanted to go to the off-licence).
    It was 6.80 for a vodka and coke. (I had three)
    So later in the night, in an attempt to save money, I tried to go for a 'cheap' drink...bottle of bulmers pear that cost me 5 euro....:mad: Even 'kiddies drinks' like WKD and smirnoff ice aren't cheap.

So including the admission fee to the club (10 euro) and taxi (10 euro)...it works out pretty expensive.
    50 euro for one night out really isn't on...(and I could easily spend more on another night).
    Recession is on guys....its time they woke up and brought their prices down a bit!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to bring your own drink. It happens in other countries. You've paid to get into the place so you've the right to be there. They could easily allow people to bring your own drink and be guaranteed a crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭CallMeMiss

I do it all the time! Almost every night I head out I bring a nagin hidden in my bag!!

No way in hell Im paying the rip off prices of €8.10+ for a vodka and 7up.

I did see this week that a club in town (am I allowed say the name?) is running a BYOB night. Think its on a Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

CallMeMiss wrote: »
    I do it all the time! Almost every night I head out I bring a nagin hidden in my bag!!

No way in hell Im paying the rip off prices of €8.10+ for a vodka and 7up.

I did see this week that a club in town (am I allowed say the name?) is running a BYOB night. Think its on a Wednesday.

Yeah name it! What club is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

I did smuggle a naggin in the bag into a well known Dublin establishment and got caught in the club! Cue major embarassment:o after much persuasion I was allowed stay, the bouncers were around me like vultures all night though. Learned my lesson..

Mac daddy wrote: »

bottle of jack was hidden in the other half's handbag

Lol, I've done that before too.

If you're spotted then blame the OH.

Cunning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I bring my hipflask out everywhere. Brought it with me once and as I walked past a bouncer, he goes

"Do you have any drink on yah?"

Me: "Ehh... No..."

*bouncer does the feely-up type search thingy, finds the naggin, sniffs it, pours it out and hands it back to me.

I remember just snatching the empty naggin and storming off into the club, though don't they kick you out after you've been found with drink?

Maybe he did tell me to leave... I was too drunk to notice. Worst night of my life!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I don't do clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I don't do clubs.
    Prefer to use your fists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Well I had a mate who was barred for 2 weeks from c.ps In galway for bringing in (well trying to) a naggin of vodka.
    Ejet had it hangin out of his back pocket

I think its a good idea though as night club prices are a rip off :mad:

all the same I do buy a fair bit of drink in the pub before I go clubbin but early in the night I buy a naggin of vodka from the off license and stick it down my sock

!^They never look there

Then just get a pint of water with mi-wadi in the club throw in a shot of vodka in the jacks and your happy out:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭CallMeMiss

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Yeah name it! What club is it?

Club Twenty One XX1 on a Wednesday. Saw it on their facebook page but its not advertised on thier website.

Im a bit old for here myself but if its your kinda place its a pretty good deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

You're all scumbags!!!!1111!!!!

/Rabies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭kieranmcg1

I think its getting more popular because of the price of drink its unreal. Here its €15 to get in then you have to buy drink and I dont drink beer only whiskey or rum and its €4 alone not even counting a mixer its rediculous. I always smuggle drink in its a lot easier for guys they only check girls because they bring over-sized hand bags . Iv gotten into clubs with half bottles of Jack Daniels on several occasions and Iv never been chcked

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah have done as a student. Usually a naggin in the pocket. I remember downing my Southern Comfort in there after exams in NUIG and then placing it in front of me. Bouncer came over furiously asking whose it was and I said it was the person in the red shirt(I was the only one there in a red shirt) and he asked me what they looked like: "About my height, same kinda hair" etc.

"It's yours isn't it!"
    "Na dude, it wasn't me, dude in the red shirt, must be around here somewhere"
    "I'm checking the cameras"
    "Of course you are, hope you get him"
    He just went and stood on the stairs as my vision started to blur.

Anyway, after the naggin kicked in I tried some sumersaults on the dancefloor and after evading them for a while, falling on my ass a few times, I got escourted out by four bouncers saying "You're welcome back any time" :pac:

Met my friend and went for chips, poor lad was off his face, just bought chips and wandered off into the distance leaving me at the table with his chips. Score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Meh i get locked before i go out, the bouncers in the pubs i drink are mates of mine so i never get kicked out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Back in the day my best mate use to smugle cans into are local on the weekends all the time, we use sit down the back so no one really bothered us but the funny thing was it wasn't Heineken or Budweiser it was Royal Dutch and something else? i cant think of at the moment, still a tight fisted as he was back then :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I amazed at the amount of people getting into clubs with nagans...so much for the search for concelaed weapons and illegal substances eh?

• Advertisement
Advertisement