Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

do you smuggle drink into a club

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 StopTheDrugWar!

This post has been deleted.

If a club became fully BYOB, then it could stay open 24 hours ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I don't usually bring drink out with me, tend to just get drunk and then head out and only buy 2 or 3 drinks or whatever. If I was really broke, I would bring a naggin in my bag though, just stick it in the inside pocket thing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

When really skint I do, a hipflask of Vodka or Jagermiester into clubs is grand... just get a coke and youre grand, especially in the expensive clubs. Usually its to keep you going after a night of drinking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

christ I'm goin ta be shot some day...thank God for the naggin like...€9.00 for a smirnoff and redbull.....thank God for combats YAY,,,two pockets ta hide naggins YAY

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

renraw wrote: »
    christ I'm goin ta be shot some day...thank God for the naggin like...€9.00 for a smirnoff and redbull.....thank God for combats YAY,,,two pockets ta hide naggins YAY

Whenever I wore combats poeple always said "The war is over"
    I ask them which war? They never know. At least it's over.
    Wait what is going on, I'm like grandpa simpson when I don't get sleep.

Anyway man, the war is over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

ahahaha, all i can say is bro, sound out ahahahah YAY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Was at a wedding last year and there was one full table of middle aged men and women all with their own drink, we spotted one of the women under the table filling the classes and we pissed ourselves laughing at them for the rest of the night. Bringing drink into a night club is one thing, but i cant believe people would be tight enough to bring drink into a wedding, if you cant afford to drink on a day out like that, then dont drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Interesting thread. Sometimes threads pop up on Boards about illegal things that people do a lot of, say for example downloading films, or something like that, and there's always a bunch of Moral Obligators who come on calling the procastinators "thieves". Doesn't seem to be happening here, everyone seems to be in agreement that it's an ok thing to do.

A couple of things, if I was to say it's a disgrace and essentially you're all thieves...and then complain about the fact that I can't bring my own food into a cinema, am I being a hypocrite? Kinda...

Paying €10 to get into a night club and smuggling in a naggin, I say fair play to ya if ya get away with it. Bringing your naggin into a bar that you didn't pay to get into...I think that's not on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

Only time I did was when I was about 19 and broke and we brought in cans to this crappy nightclub, where i was informed by a rather large'd necked chap that they didn't serve cans of Bud.

I was outraged and proceeded to write a stern (dirty) letter on the walls of the toilet.

only got as far as " I steee~" before I was hauled out in mid erm... sentance.

I have had a lot of respect for bouncers from that night on.

Warning - 35% of this story is fiction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

The genius who designed my record bag was thoughtful enough to make the two side pockets exactly the right size for four cans of beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭El Che

I normally just get plastered before going out, that way it saves a MASSIVE amount of money on a night out as I only have to keep myself topped up to ensure that the buzz isn't lost.

I'd much prefer if clubs were turned into community-run facilities, which would end the profiting of the bourgeois that overcharge for even the most basic drinks (you could even brew some of them in the toilets when you're waiting to be served).

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

The Bible says 95% of barmen are funraising for Satan.

And thats the Muslim Bible.

Imagine what Jesus says.

With the Middle Eastern head on him.

Jesus was a 5 foot 2" darkie.

Get used to it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Brought a bottle of Vodka into Fibbers one night and when I got there I filled up a couple of pint glasses with it and left it sitting on the table.

The bouncer comes over and asks what it is so of course Im not going to say vodka so I tell him its water.

Right then if its water drink the lot of it straight down in one go he says--the bastard was after seeing me fill up the glasses.

So I did and he let me stay--I still dont know how I did it to this day-a pint and a half of vodka in less than a minute.I think the hangover lasted about 3 days in all fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Meh, don't bring it with me, bring it inside me! :D Have drinks at home and arrive at the club at the latest time possible for allowing entry. :D
    You can totally get away with buying one drink, or even less when you arrive cause you can steal drink on the people who can't finish their's cause they are lightweights/already too pissed :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The way some places charge for admission near me, if I was going I'd ask someone to try smuggle me in - never mind the drink!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dazzler88

1. I sometimes Drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Naggin. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

All. the. time.

I had a really cool belt i got in thailand that had a hip flask on the buckle, used it all the time to bring booze into clubs/concerts etc. until one time i was at the bar, bought a miwadi and in my inebriated state thought it would be a good idea to pour the rum in right in front of the barmaid. Needless to say she took it from me, refused to give it back and now its gonzo.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Is this not just Kn*cker drinking by another name. Just not in a field or along a canal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Well last night was v cheap- i spend 6euro alltogether in the club. they charged me 1euro for a pint of lemonade- and i threw in my vodka and happy out

cheapest night ever:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

You're all scumbags!!!!1111!!!!

/Rabies

ha ha...
    Ya it pisses me off :)

Never did it when I was younger, and still won't.

My rants are on the numerous other threads on this :P

Advertisement