Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best Grand Theft Auto game ever???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Vice city easily had the best story, was the most enjoyable at the time, SA was a better game though it was huge, you could get lost in that game for weeks on end.

GTA 3 is just forgotten about the follow ups where so good (very rare for any sequels) But I fondly remember the original GTA we had great fun with that one and I still wish they'd bring back the Hare Krishnas.

GTA4 looked great, played great but there was just nothing more to it, there's so little to do in the city, coming from SA it was a real disapointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

toss up between 3 and vc really.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Oh man,
    Started playing Vice City the other night on the 360 after downloading the emulator or whatever it is.
    What a game :D:D:D
    Still looks great and is already much better craic than GTAIV was.

You just can't beat doing a mission, saving the game, then going out and running amok for a few minutes safe in the knowledge that you can just load up the saved game and continue doing the missions again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Vice City is class. Havent played it in afew years now as I finished it.

The soundtrack..brill.

My favourite pastime was getting a hooker then afterwards beating the **** out of her and getting my money back...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

Vice City for me anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭WeWillBeReborn

san andreas for me. spent more time just messing around in that than any of the others, so i think it had the best enjoyment factor over the others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I love the entire series but...

GTA IV for me

I know it lacked some gameplay but it made up for it and more in openness and graphic realism.

Best game ever imho =D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 sinabhfuil

Has to be San Andreas for me. It was huge but the gameplay was very good and there was plenty to do. Never completed GTA IV. I got a bit bored of it after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,132 ✭✭✭✭briany

I'd have to go with GTA IV too, I mean I've played Vice City and San Andreas but I still think the latest is the greatest. I sort of am a graphics whore though so I think thats a fairly big factor in the whole thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I cant choose between GTA 3 or San Andreas

I loved GTA 3 becoz it woz dark and gritty, pretty much a dirty themed game, filled with scumbags,
    absolutly loved having wars with cops on that game, especially at the place wer the construction site is coz its filled with Yakuza and Cartel at one stage.

I still play the PC version of San Andreas to death becoz i think its the best version, and i loved the whole RPG element they put onto the game.

Hope they do wot san andreas did with the next GTA game after theyre dun with the expansions for GTA 4 :D

Cant say i like GTA 4 that much, maybe just the story missions, but thats it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Hmmm... It's a bit of a tossup between Vice City and San Andreas but I think I prefer Vice City a little bit, the only problem being that the map was a bit plain... Just a flat-land really... No big hills or motorways or rail networks like you have in the others...

But other than that Vice City had all the humour and stuff that makes GTA what it is... it's supposed to make stealing cars and killing fun! Plus it fixed an awful lot of the problems with #3... It still had the Kill Frenzies - what happened to this? these were great part of the game! I think San Andreas started the trend of taking itself too seriously. Just look at the radio stations too... There's way too much serious stuff on the radio in SA. And having to stop to eat is just an annoyance.

Now I like the idea of the huge map, but Los Santos seems to be the only city with real detail put into it... The other two are a bit plain (though north of Las Venturas is good).
    SA has some really cool missions though, and a great variety of things to do.

Also, loved the radio stations of #2, and the save-game point being in a cheesey church with the neon "Jesus Saves" sign was a lovely touch... But found it a bit slow compared to the first one.. (Although with the top down view, going to fast just resulted in crash after crash as you couldn't see what was coming - especially annoying on a motorbike)

I don't really care about big name actors for the voices like Samuel L Jackson or Ray Liotta or any of the rest, it's a computer game not a movie. I feel like they're there just because of their names... So I don't miss them in #4. If anything they should be hiring voice actors anyway not live-action actors. But I don't have a good enough computer to play #4 with any enjoyability yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Vice City or San Andreas. I love the storyline in VC but the area was a little small so SA gets the edge. I loved getting Cheetah's and just aimlessly blasting through the countryside and the desert. All the characters in both were brilliant.

I couldn't care less about minor improvements to graphics - GTA IV is at the bottom of the pile. Serious let down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Vice City was the best. It had it all, just enough stuff to keep you interested, but not overdoing it. Great storyline, great characters, great setting... Great game!

Nothing beats it, strolling down Ocean Beach at sunset, in the Don Johnson Special suit with the rolled up sleeves, your MP5 at your side, the wail of the approaching SWAT van, the buzz of the police chopper, the blood of your last victim leaving a trail behind you... Ah yes, perfection!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

The majority of them have strengths and weekness's.
    having played them all I think there all pretty awesome...
    I havent played lost and the dammed or ballad of gay tony.

Gta4 People go is that it really dissapointing But to be honest i think a lot of people serously shouldnt undereastamte the two brothers behinde the games Dan and Sam Houser.
    Those two are in the top 100 most influatiol men of 2009 according to times magzine.The games its self knocked 50,000,000 In the day of its realease.
    What ya think there just well we'll leave it at that Gta4 was a platform, where insted of just creating one game then lets move on I think there thinking differentlythere useing one base platform in liberty city I like the idea there going with and its going to just get better me knows.

like in the ballad of gay tony we could get to kill of niko or decide weather he dies, Little Jacob has ahole past and preasent to explore i would never ever underestemate RockStar well actually i would just to be suprised! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rumplestiltskin

Has to be Vice city for me. the radio stations were fantastic, just the whole 80s vibe really grabbed me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

plus 1 for Vice City for the win.

I liked lots about SA as well.

I find the latest stuff much more dour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

If IV had a good soundtrack i'd pick it, but it's fairly rubbish. I'd have to go with Vice City, great dialogue, characters and music.
    3 deserves a mention for having the most use of the drug "spank", hard to not laugh when the mobsters were taking seriously about spank. Also, that level with spanked up suicide bombers was possibly the funniest level ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Vice city was the best IMO ..
    Get a poll going ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Vice city was the best IMO ..
    Get a poll going ??

Don't think there'd be much point in a poll. It'd be a landslip. VC was way out there as the best. Fabulous at the time, with great gameplay and fantastic story. But the music was the dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 PisteHoff

Em Vice City Stories on the PSP was pretty banging, or laslow in grand theft auto 3 was pretty good but my vote would be for Vice City Stories

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

GTA III.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 PisteHoff

Larkin91 wrote: »
    GTA III.

Love GTA 3 im with yah!
    Eh why are most people from Cork on boards huh strange?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

My Fav would be GTA IV because of the driving controls which are really good , the Rock radio station with Iggy Pop has a lot of good music and even more with the Lost and damned . The detail put into the map is immence and just always fun to be around . The story line is very well put together and the missions are quite good

Only thing is :
    No character customisation
    No pimping cars or bikes
    No planes
    No train driving
    No really good Misc. missions like freight driving , triathlons etc.

I love the driving , detail and story line of GTA 4 , Love SA for its enormus size and Vice City for its cool theme and great soundtrack (VROCK!)

So my Fav really is GTA 4 , SA OR Vice city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Vice City IMO, between the unbelievable story line, lovely setting, brilliant music and the unforgetable characters, I don't think there will ever be one individual game made that will better it.

Everytime I watch scarface it makes you miss it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

San Andreas. Liked VC and 3 but this was like those games multiplied by 2. Just fantastic settings, planes were brilliant, feel of each city was great and you could get to know the map even though it's so vast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I think Vice has to be the best, always was my personal favourite anyway.

Might be the whole 80's setting, but also the game play.

Don't really rate GTA 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

VICE CITY - soundtrack, setting, action, characters - all fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

I'm surprised with all the VC votes. I think it's SA by far. It had everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Vice City by a country mile and some.
    The visuals, audio tracks, storylines, just everything about it.
    Any time I play Liberty City it feels terrible in comparison.
    Didn't really like San Andreas much.
    I think it was too big and had too many silly extras in it.
    The soundtrack was terrible compared to VC,
    plus the main character was a gimp compared to Vercetti.

Here's probably my favourite bit from the whole of VC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 kamc

I think Vice City was the best - great soundtrack, brilliant cars, very witty.

Plus it's the first GTA game I completed.

Advertisement