Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Forum Banning

Options
  • 17-07-2009 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

I was banned from the rugby forum for expressing an opinion. Not once did I break any of the rules and I backed up all my arguments with evidence. I get banned whilst two posters who personally abused me (thehighground and zenmonk) remain free to post. Its a joke

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I was banned from the rugby forum for expressing an opinion. Not once did I break any of the rules and I backed up all my arguments with evidence.
    :confused:

Sure you did. Don't tell me you're bringing a complaint to Admin without having first read the forum charter? You broke the rule against "provincial tit-for-tat bickering":
    RuggieBear wrote: »
    I'm sick and tired of every thread descending into petty ****e between leinster and munster fans. Keep it civil people and keep it away from flame wars.
    I get banned whilst two posters who personally abused me (thehighground and zenmonk) remain free to post. Its a joke
    I don't see what that has to do with your ban, but just so you know, others were banned for the same thing as you (see RuggieBear's post above).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Size=everything

But I wasn't I simply said :

Mick O'Driscoll shouldn't of been picked and Malcom O'Kelly is a better player

and

Munster don't have much depth (using Leinster as an example of a team with depth) and said this is worrying for Munster.

petty provincial tit for tat is saying Leinster are ladyboys or Munster are turnip munchers or X province has much more pride than Y etc. I did none of that I simply responded to a topic but forward to me

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I'm not so sure that you're giving me everything I need here so I'm going to check-in with the Rugby Mods to see if there's anything more to this at which point I'll have enough to get back to you with a definitive answer.

So if you could bear with me for a bit, I'll get back to you on this once I'm on top of things.

Thanks.

Advertisement